Why Buy a 2016 Buick LaCrosse?Buying Guide Advice Prices
For 2016, the upgrades are minimal. Among the new inputs is a new IntelliLink 8-inch screen with double USB ports. The controls have been modified to become additionally intuitive. A new Buick LaCrosse is scheduled for release during the summer of this year.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a 2016 Buick LaCrosse – The Pros
1) Performance and Powertrains
A major and key selling point regarding the driving experience of the Buick LaCrosse is the transparency of the eAssist system.
- Automotive journalists are very impressed with the composed and comfortable ride.
- The car’s auto start/stop feature functions quite well from throttle to brake.
2) Acceleration and Power
The 4-cylinder 2016 Buick LaCrosse's powertrain has been reported to run smoothly, rarely making the driver aware of its extremely hybridized complexity.
- For example, the car’s auto stop-start system is remarkably refined. It is without the telltale shudder witnessed on restart common with lots of these complicated setups.
- According to test drivers, the eAssist earns you excellent numbers in terms of the LaCrosse'sfuel consumption.
3) Handling and Braking
Test drivers are in agreement that the 2016 model has handling that is well-controlled as you make turns.
- The ride is refined, quiet and comfortable for your long hauls.
- Both the LaCrosse engines have spot on driving dynamics.
- The LaCrosse boasts strong brakes, competent handling, and a very smooth ride.
4) Economy and Value
For luxury shoppers who are out for value and fuel economy, the 2015 LaCrosse makes an excellent choice. The same holds true even for buyers located in cold-weather climatic zones as it features the optional all-wheel drive.
The 2016 Buick LaCrosse presents a credible alternative to several imported brands such as Acura TLX and the new Hyundai Genesis sedans.
The new car is:
- Conservatively handsome.
- Refined and quiet.
- Comfortable and well equipped.
5) The Interior
Test auto drivers have reported that the interior of the 2016 Buick LaCrosse has roomy seats and high-end materials, especially for that price range.
A recent selling point for GM is the way engineers have dealt with vibration and noise. In fact, even on highways that are poorly maintained, the car remains very quiet.
6) Comfort Levels
Reviewers have expressed satisfaction with the comfortable, incredibly quiet cabin and composed ride of the 2016 Buick LaCrosse.
- More comfortable seats
- Upgraded style and materials
- A revamped infotainment system
7) IntelliLink Infotainment System
Test drivers have expressed satisfaction with the straightforward IntelliLink infotainment system of the 2016 LaCrosse, terming it among the best.
- The iPhone connection works flawlessly
- Bluetooth audio phone connection is easy and clear even when you are at highway speeds.
In general, IntelliLink infotainment system brings additional value to the 2016 Buick.
8) Seating Arrangements
The majority of reviewers say the front seats of the LaCrosse are comfortable and spacious. The back seats provide ample legroom even for your taller passengers.
- Passenger comfort is a highlight of the LaCrosse
- Front seats are very supportive
- They have ample adjustments for diverse passenger physiques
- Rear legroom is sufficiently generous
9) Safety Ratings
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and the National Highway Safety Transportation Administration have accorded the current LaCrosse model their highest possible ratings in terms of overall safety, and this is expected to be carried over into the 2016 Buick.
10) Recalls and Reliability
The 2016 Buick LaCrosse has so far not experienced any safety recalls from the NHTSA. It comes backed by:
- Bumper-to-bumper 4-year/50,000-mile warranty
- Limited powertrain 6-year/70,000-mile warranty
Reasons Not to Buy a 2016 Buick LaCrosse – The Cons
1) Leisurely and Noisy Acceleration
Unfortunately, auto reviewers have indicated that when under acceleration, the 2.4-liter 2016 Buick LaCrosse sounds coarse, giving a pretty lethargic feel, particularly when packed.
- Test drivers have said that despite getting a boost from the inbuilt electric motor, the 4-cylinder LaCrosse models remain far from being quick and suffer from what critics term as leisurely acceleration
- Some reviewers think the LaCrosse gasoline engine tends to be noisy.
2) Heavy Suspension
The AWD LaCrosse model lacks some of the best suspension elements plus the kind of smooth ride offered by its front drive counterpart.
- It also tends to feel heavy
- It has dull steering and feels clumsy
Auto reviewers recommend it only if your region has rough winter weather.
3) Poor Trunk Space
Reviewers have expressed disappointment with the trunk space of the 2015 Buick LaCrosse.
- High lift over and small trunk opening cargo area restrict access.
- The battery pack of the eAssist steals lots of space.
4) Touchscreen Placement
Some auto critics have reported that the LaCrosse’s touch screen might be challenging to reach for some drivers. It will require some effort on your part to reach some features of an otherwise great feature due to its location.
How It Stacks Up To The Competition:
Automotive reviewers have compared the 2016 Buick LaCrosse with the Chevrolet Impala and the Nissan Maxima 2016 model.
- The 2016 LaCrosse has been rated at 9.7 regarding safety, higher than Chevrolet Impala’s 9.4, but a bit lower than the Nissan Maxima at 10.0
- The Buick beats the two models as it comes with Wheel Locks.
- Regarding fuel consumption, the Buick can use Hybrid Fuel different from the Impala and the Maxima.
- A unique feature found on this car is Heated Mirrors which you will not get on the two other makes
The overall rating for the 2016 Buick stands at 8.7 compared to the Impala’s 8.8 and the Maxima’s 9.0
The LaCrosse remains a Buick’s luxury full-size sedan flagship. The feature packed 2016 LaCrosse is still a higher end 5-passenger commuter car that Buick delivers with all trims. It boasts either all-wheel drive (full-time AWD) or the regular front-wheel drive (FWD).
Finally, it is worth noting that the gentle change you are likely to see in the 2016 Buick LaCrosse are expected to attain hurricane levels come 2017. However, the 2016 version continues to hold its own as a choice car in this segment.