Why Buy a 2016 Honda CR-V?Buying Guide Advice Prices
Over that transition, the CR-V has witnessed great success, helping towards kick-starting the small SUV crossover auto segment that is seeing tremendous growth every day. The 2016 Honda CR-V is a modern and compact crossover SUV that seats 5 and is among the best-selling cars in this class.
The current version of the Honda CR-V debuted during the 2012 model year. In 2015, it was given a thorough update. For 2016, it's essentially unchanged, except for a few retouches and the inclusion into the group of a Special Edition model.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a 2016 Honda CR-V – The Pros
1) Performance and Powertrains
According to critics, the 2016 CR-V is a very able performer that brings with it very precise steering.
- Each of the 2016 Honda CR-Vs has a 4-cylinder 2.4-liter engine rated at 181 pound-feet of torque and 185 horsepower.
- You have the option between an all-wheel and front drive on all trims.
2) Acceleration and Power
Test drivers note that when in the city, your CR-V’s 4-cylinder engine will display decent acceleration even when packed with cargo and a full passengers complement. The reviewers concur that the CR-V delivers a quiet, smooth ride, decent acceleration and has sufficient power for your day-to-day commuting.
3) Handling and Braking
Test drivers have reported that the Honda CR-V’s steering is responsive, secure, and predictable, and brings poised handling.
- Over surfaces that are smooth, the CR-V naturally feels controlled and calm.
- Even when the surface gets dicey, this little crossover remains unflappable.
- When cornering, it exhibits minimal lean.
- The excellent steering feedback allows you to engage in confident maneuvers when at high-speed.
Reviewers observe that the 2016 Honda CR-V is also among the quietest small SUV crossovers available regarding wind and road noise.
4) Body Styles and Trim Level Options
The five-passenger 2016 CR-V crossover SUV comes in 5 trim levels: SE, EX, LX, the EX-L plus the Touring. Each trim level comes with its own set of unique features. The CR-V received a major 2015 makeover, so there are few changes for the 2016 model year.
5) The Honda CR-V Cabin
According to auto critics, the interior of the 2016 Honda CR-V looks contemporary.
- Some even point out the good quality of the materials.
- Inside the 5-seater cabin, occupants will experience premium materials and textures and throughout.
6) Interior Features
Test drivers have appreciated the abundant tech features on the CR-V helping to make it stand out.
- The dashboard flows downwards from either side towards the car’s center stack and has relatively few buttons.
- Technology features have been laid out in a clear and straightforward manner, not cluttered.
Reviewers have noted that the front seats of the 2016 Honda SR-Vare comfortable, spacious, supportive and adjustable.
- The rear seats got an adequate room for grownups and easily fold down to offer space for hauling typical family things.
- All sizes of drivers and passengers will find the SR-V’s cabin very accommodating and comfortable.
8) Cargo Capacity
A sizeable storage bin in the center console provides ample space for small personal items like a purse.
- The trunk with 37.2 cubic-feet provides enough space that will swallow real large and bulky items.
- Rear seats will flip-and-fold allowing additional storage space.
9) Safety Ratings
Although the 2016 Honda CR-V has not undergone government testing, the 2015 model did get:
- Five stars for its side crash protection.
- 4 out of the possible five stars regarding overall crash protection.
- 4 stars for frontal crash protection
For IIHS testing, the crossover received the best rating, getting "Good" for moderate overlap frontal-offset and the small-overlap impact tests.
- It earned a "Good" side impact rating, as well as for whiplash protection and roof strength tests.
- The CR-V was also tested by the IIHS for the optional mitigation system and frontal collision warning, receiving top "Superior" rating.
The new 2016 Honda CR-V brings a 36,000-mile three-year limited warranty as well as a 60,000-mile five-year powertrain limited warranty. The C-V has not been the subject of NHSTA recalls.
Reasons Not to Buy a 2016 Honda CR-V – The Cons
1) Average Automatic Transmission
The automatic transmissions of the 2016 CR-V gives less output than what you will get in several rival engines. Test drivers and critics note that the CR-V’s power won’t really wow anyone.
2) Somewhat Limited Cargo Space
Although the rear seats fold down easily, auto writers says they don’t lay down completely flat, hence limiting what could have been more ample cargo space.
3) Some Noise Persists
Critics note that the 2016 Honda CR-V is not really silent, although it is quieter. Although in general there isn’t much road noise, you are going to hear every bump when the road surface is bad.
4) Driving Impressions
The 2016 Honda CR-V steering feedback feels numb, and you will experience lots of body roll as you take corners which reduces driver excitement.
How It Stacks Up To The Competition:
The 2016 Honda CR-V has been compared with the Mazda CX-5 and the Hyundai Tucson.
- Regarding critics’ ratings, Honda stands at 9.0, higher than the Tucson at 8.7 but below the Mazda at 9.2
- At 8.1 rating for the interior, the Honda beats both the Tucson (7.9) and the Mazda7.5)
- With a safety rating of 9.7, it ties with the Tucson, higher than the Mazda at 9.3
- The Honda beats the two makes in terms ofPassenger Volume (Cu. ft.)
- In terms of overall rating, the Honda CR-V ties with the Mazda at 8.4, slightly below the Tucson’s 8.7
While they may not necessarily be the most thrilling of vehicles in the world, small crossovers are offering lots of functionality at prices that are quite attractive. Their engines are characteristically powered and small but quite fuel-efficient. The Honda CR-V will give you precisely that: plenty of interior space, reliability, and fuel efficiency.
These handy vehicles give a good and commanding road view thanks to their ride height which has been elevated. They easily can hold four or five passengers plus their luggage. So long as you want a modest driving experience that is not too spirited, few vehicles come more practical and well-rounded as the 2016 Honda CR-V.
2016 Honda Accord Coupe Pros VS Cons
2016 Honda Accord Sedan Pros VS Cons
2016 Honda Civic Coupe Pros VS Cons
2016 Honda Civic Sedan Pros VS Cons
2016 Honda CR-V Pros VS Cons