2014 Jeep Grand CherokeeBuying Guide • Review • Research
The Top 10 Reasons Why You May want to Buy a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee:
The Grand Cherokee is equipped with RWD, and AWD is available. The 2014 models have a new eight-speed automatic gearbox with manual capability and an eco-button that optimizes fuel efficiency. It's easy to think of 10 reasons to buy this hearty vehicle.
Ten Reasons to Buy the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee - the Pros
1. The 2014 Grand Cherokee has extraordinary off-road performance and smooth, predictable, easy handling on paved roads. This SUV is praised for its easy maneuvering in all conditions.
2. When fitted with the Selec-Terrain system, the Grand Cherokee is granted trail-rated designation with a choice of five traction-control modes of auto, sand, mud, snow, and rock. The combination of Selec-Terrain, an off-road package, and standard ABS brakes grants the Grand Cherokee with the ability to feed a steady force into the drivetrain, and controls it in one-kilometer-per-hour increments. This allows the Grand Cherokee to even achieve 200 foot, 55 degree inclines.
3. The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee is praised for its comfortable and high quality interior. With comfortable front and back seats, and ample legroom, This SUV is considered a premium choice for family travel.
4. The ample luxurious standard and optional features have earned the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee the top award for best combination of factors that appeal to families by U.S. News.
The Grand Cherokee has dual-zone air conditioning with climate control, heated and cooled front and back seats, and power seats for both the driver and front passenger. A heated steering wheel is available; upholstery is available in cloth, premium synthetic material, and leather; and a sunroof or moonroof is also available.
5. User-friendly technological features with large and easy to read labels are lauded in the Grand Cherokee. The updated infotainment system is praised for being one of the most intuitive systems on the current market.
The 2014 Grand Cherokee is equipped with Bluetooth wireless phone connectivity, an SD card slot, a five-inch touch screen display, auxiliary audio input, an MP3 player, an CD player and changer, and the rear seat has independent audio controls. A navigation system and a premium Harmon Kardon audio sound system are available.
6. Exceptional exterior design is considered upscale for the Jeep Grand Cherokee's classification as a mainstream SUV. The 2014 models have had subtle design refinements with the front grille, the headlights, and tail lights, and have been endowed with LED running lights in the front, and LED lights in the rear.
7. All of the V-6 models run on regular unleaded gas, except the V-6 Turbocharged EcoDiesel, and the SRT V-8.
8. The V-6 Turbocharged EcoDiesel model achieves a hearty 22/30 mpg and can tow up to 7,400 pounds..
9. The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee is available in a wide variety of powertrain and drivetrain configurations, giving the consumer the ability to build the Jeep of their choice.
10. The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee is equipped with an ample supply of safety features that include front and side airbags for the driver and front passenger, and rear head airbags. It has traction control and electronic stability control, front and rear tow hooks, auto-leveling headlights with daytime running lights, and integrated turn signal side-mirrors. Four-wheel anti-lock ABS brakes are also standard equipment.
Reasons Not to Buy the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee - the Cons
1. If you are looking for an SUV that can seat seven people, or that has the available cargo space of an SUV that seats seven, the Grand Cherokee will be too small for your needs.
2. The SRT V-8 model gains power, torque, and towing capability, but runs with more expensive premium gasoline.
Specifications for the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
$29,395 - $64,380
$28,987 - $61,191
3.6 liter V-6
3.0 liter V-6 Turbocharged EcoDiesel
5.8 liter V-8
6.4 liter V-8
All Models: 8-Speed Automatic with Overdrive
All Models Except SRT V-8: RWD with Optional AWD
6.4 liter SRT V-8: 4x4 AWD
3.6 liter V-6: 290 hp @ 6,400 rpm
3.0 liter Turbocharged EcoDiesel: 240 hp @ 3,600 rpm
5.7 liter V-8: 360 hp @ 5,150 rpm
6.4 liter SRT V-8: 470 hp @ 6,000 rpm
3.6 liter V-6: 260 @ 4,800 lb-ft @ rpm
3.0 liter Turbocharged EcoDiesel V-6: 420 lb-ft @ 2,000 rpm
5.8 liter V-8: 399 lb-ft @ 4,250 rpm
6.4 liter SRT V-8: 470 lb-ft @ 6,000 rpm
1) 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2) 2015 Jeep Cherokee
3) 2015 Jeep Patriot
4) 2015 Jeep Compass
5) 2015 Jeep Patriot
6) 2015 Jeep Wrangler
3.6 liter V-6: 17/25 mpg
3.0 liter V-6 Turbocharged EcoDiesel: 22/30 mpg
5.8 liter V-8: 17/24 mpg
6.4 liter SRT V-8: 13/19 mpg
All Models: 114.8 Inches