2014 Nissan Frontier?Buying Guide Review Research
The Top 10 Reasons Why You May want to Buy a 2014 Nissan Frontier:
When it comes to pickup trucks, the full size models tend to rule the roost. However, there is a small niche of midsized trucks that still pack a punch. Consumers seeking a do-it-all compact pickup can look no further than the 2014 Nissan Frontier. This truck is a powerhouse that is well suited for either asphalt or dirt road. [ For the 2015 model see - Nissan Frontier Pros and Cons ]
There are a number of minor updates for 2014. The S trim level now comes with Bluetooth, cruise control and air conditioning. As for the PRO-4X, it now comes standard with heated cloth seats. This feature is also an available option for the SV model. In addition, all Frontier Crew Cabs, excluding the S, have new wheel options, enhanced audio and navigation features and a sliding rear window.
When searching for a new vehicle a smart consumer shops around and does the proper research. There are a number of reasons why this vehicle could be a match; however, there may also be a few detractors.
10 reasons to Buy a 2014 Nissan Frontier - the Pros
1. One thing that most consumers can agree on is price point. The 2014 Frontier will not give potential buyers sticker shock like many of its full-sized cousins. It is hard to beat this vehicle's manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $17,990 for the Frontier S. It also matches up well against its compact pickup counterparts the Toyota Tacoma and Honda Ridgeline. The Tacoma is comparable to the Frontier when it comes to price, but the Ridgeline is quite a bit more expensive.
2. Nissan implements their advanced airbag system into the Frontier to ensure a safe ride for all passengers. The vehicle's front airbags inflate at different rates depending on crash severity and seat belt usage. In addition, each Frontier boasts roof-mounted side impact airbags to protect outboard back-seated passengers. Nissan didn't stop there when it comes to safety. This pickup sports front and rear crumple zones to absorb crash energy.
3. The third perk of note is a bit subjective. While not everyone will agree, the Frontier is a beautiful vehicle. It is a perfect balance of style and ruggedness. It sports a chrome grille and rear bumper that provides both form and function. It Looks fantastic and reduces the appearance of nicks and scratches. The truck comes in eight standard colors ranging from Lava Red to Metallic Blue and everything in between.
4. Options, options, options. We already addressed the variety of colors available for this vehicle. However, the customization doesn't stop there. The Frontier comes in both crew cab and extended cab (known as King Cab) models. In addition, the truck comes in five trim levels ranging from the S to the SL. Buyers can choose between manual and automatic transmissions in addition to a four or six-cylinder engine.
5. People who love the outdoors will love this truck. The Pro-4X edition comes with four wheel drive, off-road tires and a set of shocks that will get you through almost any terrain. There are also a number of exciting accessories that will fit any style Frontier. Simple additions like fog lights and body side moldings can go a long way to enhancing appearance. However, the bed extender and tow hooks provide function and can help get the job done when necessary. The most fun accessory of the bunch has to be the Frontier's bed tent. The tent is easy to setup, and it allows serious campers to utilize their truck bed as an actual bed while on the go.
6. The V-6 driving experience is great. Buyers serious about taking this truck off road should look in that direction for optimal performance. Those looking for a mid-sized pickup for their daily commute might be okay with the 4-cylinder engine. However, it does provide a ride similar to that of an economy car. The difference between the two is quite drastic.
7. The truck's interior isn't as cramped and uncomfortable as some of its counterparts. While it does lack some legroom, there is ample storage space in the back seat. The interior is clean and appealing to the eye, and additions such as Bluetooth and smart phone integration ups the Frontier's driving experience.
8. One eye-catching feature located within the truck is its NissanConnect capability. This feature is a part of the vehicle's navigation system and provides the driver with up-to-date weather and traffic information as well as much more. The new app allows for integration with iPhone and Android smartphones.
9. Another feature of note is the Frontier's Utili-Track Bed-Channel system. This helps keep objects from falling out of the truck's cab, which is always a great idea. There are also available built-in cleats that can be adjusted to hold a variety of cargo.
10. Nissan gives buyers peace of mind with a three-year, 36,000-mile limited warranty and a five-year, 60,000-mile powertrain warranty. All of that may not be needed since the vehicle has a "Better Than Most" J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
3 Reasons Not to Buy a 2014 Nissan Frontier - the Cons
1. One issue that frequently comes up is the 4-cylinder engine's lack of power. This engine should be utilized for everyday driving not heavy lifting. Its lack of muscle makes the Frontier strain under a modest load. In addition, the 4-cylinder doesn't provide much better gas mileage than the six.
2. Sticking with the theme of gas mileage, the Frontier does little to stand out from the rest of the pack. It is in line with the Ridgeline at around 15 miles per gallon city and 21 highway. The Tacoma out duels both with an impressive 21 city and 25 highway.
2014 Nissan Altima
2014 Nissan Frontier
2014 Nissan Juke
2014 Nissan Maxima
2014 Nissan Pathfinder
2014 Nissan Rogue
2014 Nissan Sentra
2014 Nissan Versa
All in all, the 2014 Nissan Frontier is definitely worth the price. There are a number of options that buyers must weigh when making a purchase. First and foremost, one must determine their needs before selecting a trim option. The S edition will not meet the needs of a serious off-road driver and the Pro-4X will be unnecessary for those looking for a commuter vehicle. It is a beautiful truck with an even prettier price point and options to appease drivers no matter their needs.