2016, 2017 BMW 4 Series Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
To avoid overpaying on a new BMW 4 Series, price shop online first. Get up front prices before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
The exterior styling of the 2017 BMW 4 Series is a unique mixture of classic and modern. Its prominent nose, featuring BMW’s distinctive front grill, is its most eye-catching feature, but the bold and sleek design extends all the way to the vehicle’s rear. Whether coming or going, the 4 Series looks great.
Under the hood, the 4 Series features two very strong engine options depending on whether drivers select the 430i or the higher-end 440i.
• The 430i sports a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine equipped with a turbocharger. It is rated at a respectable 248 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. Despite this strong power output, it still achieves an efficient 27 combined miles per gallon gas mileage.
• The 440i comes with a beefier 3.0-liter inline six-cylinder engine, also fitted with a turbocharger. It puts out a robust 320 horsepower and 330 pound-feet of torque and still gets 25 combined miles per gallon in fuel efficiency.
Both the 430i and 440i models are available with standard rear-wheel drive and optional all-wheel drive. The all-wheel drive models take a small hit to fuel efficiency in exchange for better handling and acceleration.
On the inside, the 2017 BMW 4 Series Coupe is elegant and refined. It has a gorgeous dash and a versatile iDrive touchscreen. There are a number of interesting choices for upholstery color, from a cool all-black to lighter, warmer two-tone shades. Wood and metal trim complete the upscale look of the cabin. The front seats are both soft and comfortable, though the rear seats are a bit on the small side.
The 2017 4 Series Coupe comes in two trim packages, the 430i and the 440i, and each has their own set of features.
• The 430i has some standard features that in years past would only be available as high-end options. These include things like 19-inch wheels, xenon headlights and auto-dimming mirrors on the outside, and power adjustable seats and a nine-speaker sound system. It also comes with BMW’s iDrive infotainment system which puts all the vehicle’s controls at the touch of a finger.
• The higher-end 440i not only comes with the larger and more exciting inline-six engine, but a number of other great touches like satellite radio, power lumbar support, and a 16-speaker sound system.
• There are also some great stand-alone options available for the 2017 4 Series, such as and automatic parking system and adaptive cruise control.
The 2017 BMW 4 Series Coupe drives great. Its suspension handles corners well without sacrificing ride comfort. Furthermore, its distinctive, attractive styling is among the best in the luxury sports coupe class. The 4 series is a winner.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base BMW 4 Series invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All BMW 4 Series Prices above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.