2016, 2017 BMW M3 Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
To avoid overpaying on a new BMW M3, price shop online first. Get up front prices before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
The 2017 M3 sedan is a four-door sports sedan that seats five comfortably. It is BMW’s high-performance vehicle based on the company’s popular 3 Series platform. The M imprint has a long history with BMW, and aficionados have long come to associate it with quality manufacturing and unparalleled performance.
New for 2017, the M3 now comes with adaptive suspension dampers standard, as well as the latest version of BMW’s iDrive infotainment system.
The heart of the 2017 M3 is its engine. A 3.0-liter, turbocharged six-cylinder power plant, the M3’s engine put out 425 horsepower and 406 of torque. Drivers can choose a six-speed manual transmission, or go with a seven-speed automatic with steering wheel mounted paddle shifters. Both transmission versions will get the 2017 M3 from zero to 60 in around 4 seconds, putting it among the fastest cars on the road.
The exterior styling is aerodynamic as well as visually striking. The sleek, sculpted bodywork is geared toward performance, and its aggressive and powerful look immediate attracts the eye. The M3 looks fast, but it looks elegant as well, as its design reflects years of BMW engineering tradition. The 2017 M3 comes with front and side airbags, as well as front knee-level airbags to protect the car’s occupants.
The 2017 BMW M3 sedan only comes in a single trim level, but it does have a number of options packages that can be added on, allowing drivers to tailor the vehicle to their particular needs.
• The Competition package ups the already strong engine to 444 horsepower. In addition, it adds 20-inch wheels, an M sport exhaust system, and more.
• The Executive package offers a number of high-tech and convenience features. A heads-up display, parking sensors, and a Wi-Fi hotspot are among the amenities included.
• The Lighting package, like the name suggests, upgrades the headlights to LEDs, and the Drivers Assistance Plus package includes lane departure warnings blind spot sensors and other great safety features.
The interior of the 2017 M3 sedan is understated, functional, and well-designed. The front seats are comfortable whether racing the car on the track or driving long-distance on the highway. The cabin has plenty of legroom and headroom for drivers and passengers alike, allowing everyone to travel without complaint. The iDrive infotainment system has a wealth of features and allows drivers to control almost every aspect of the vehicle with only a few presses of the touchscreen.
The 2017 BMW M3 sedan is one of the best performing vehicles on the road, and one of the top luxury sports sedans available today. Consumers looking for a top-of-the-line driving experience that also delivers luxury and comfort should check out the 2017 M3 today.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base BMW M3 invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All BMW M3 Prices above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.