2017 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
GMC 2500HD Prices - How Much is a GMC 2500HD?
To avoid overpaying on a new GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD, price shop online first. Get up front prices before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
What’s New For 2017?
Notable changes for this model year include a new hood scoop and cold-air intake system that’s holding a new 6.6L Duramax turbo diesel V8 engine. It’s mated to the Allison 1000 6-speed transmission and is available across all trim levels of this heavy-duty pickup. GMC also altered its available exterior colors - it deleted three of them, light steel gray metallic, iridium metallic and mahogany metallic and added two new colors - dark slate metallic and pepperdust metallic. 20-inch aluminum wheels are also available exclusively on the SLT trim.
Towing and Trailering Expert
When properly equipped with Duramax diesel power with integrated trailering technologies, you’ll have the confidence to haul heavy loads wherever they need to go. Specialized Stabilitrak with hill start assistance, trailer sway control and traction control keep you and your heavy load safe on the road. Some models also include rear backup cameras and a trailering camera system, with cameras mounted on the mirrors, so you can perform ongoing checks on your load. Under the hood, the standard engine is the gasoline-powered Vortec 6.0L V8 that produces 360 horsepower and 380 lb-ft of torque. This engine has variable valve timing to optimize efficiency and help with low-end torque and high-end power. The available 6.6L Duramax turbo diesel V8 that delivers 445 horsepower and 910 lb-ft of torque. This engine is a fantastic choice for those who plan to haul extremely heavy loads.
The 2017 GMC Sierra 2500 4WD comes in four different trims - the base model, SLT, SLE and Denali. They each feature their own interior and exterior options that allow you to customize your interior and exterior as much as you want.
- Sierra - This model is really stripped down and only includes HID LED headlamps for maximum visibility and a heavy-duty locking rear differential. All other options are available for the customer to add on as part of packages or individually.
- SLE - has all the available features of the Sierra, plus LED lighting in your cargo box, trailering equipment package, rear backup camera, and a factory trailer brake controller, and a 4.2-inch digital driver information center.
- SLT - includes all the above features for the SLE as well as fog lamps, leather-appointed front seats and a remote vehicle starter system.
- Denali - this top of the line trim includes all the SLT interior and exterior features as well as spray-on bedliner, a Bose sound system, parking assistance in the front and rear, an 8-inch driver information center that’s customizable, and heated and vented front leather seats.
Whichever trim level you choose, you’re bound to find a 2017 GMC Sierra 2500 4WD that works best for you and your lifestyle. Whether you’re headed to a weekend getaway with the family, or plan to use this pickup as your primary work truck, you’ll find excellent choices in this line of heavy-duty pickups from GMC.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Prices above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.