2017 GMC Sierra 3500HD 2WD Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
GMC 3500HD 2WD Prices
To avoid overpaying on a new GMC Sierra 3500HD 2WD, price shop online first. Get up front prices before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
For 2017, the Sierra 3500 receives an updated version of the optional 6.6 liter V8 turbodiesel Duramax engine. It is now even more powerful by generating 445 hp with a torque of 910 lb-ft. A revamped air intake is mounted on the hood. A new Teen Driver mode that will let parents set parameters for their younger drivers is added. A new All Terrain X version is now offered for off-road adventures. It comes with 18-inch wheels that are painted black, skidplates, Z71 suspension for off-roading, and an automatic locking Eaton rear differential.
The 2017 GMC Sierra 3500 2WD or two-wheel-drive pickup truck is also offered with 4WD or four-wheel-drive. There are 3 cab configurations available: the 2-door regular cab, the 4-door double or extended cab, and the 4-door crew cab. There are also 3 cargo bed configurations: a short box of 69.2 inches, a standard box of 78.7 inches, and a long box of 97.6 inches. The short box does not come on the regular cab version. If you are looking for a truck for heavy-duty hauling and towing, a DRW truck -- one with double rear wheels -- is available.
Trim levels begin with the base level Sierra, followed by the SLE, then the up-level SLT and finally the top-of-the-line Denali.
- The base Sierra's standard equipment includes a 6.0 liter V8 engine that produces 360 hp with a torque of 380 lb-ft. It is also outfitted with 18-inch steel wheels, chrome bumpers, and xenon headlights. The interior comes with either vinyl or cloth upholstery (your choice), air-conditioning, power door locks, cruise control, tilt-only steering wheel, a 3.5-inch display, and manual crank windows. Optional equipment includes a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment setup with 4G LTE Wi-Fi, OnStar, Bluetooth, satellite radio, voice controls, Pandora internet radio, and Apple CarPlay along with Android Auto.
- The SLE trim adds features that include an 8-inch touchscreen, tinted rear windows, alloy wheels, remote keyless entry, rearview camera, carpeting, steering wheel wrapped in leather, HD radio, and a CD player.
- The SLT Sierra adds foglights, automatic climate control, additional chrome trim, power-folding mirrors, a telescoping steering wheel, and remote ignition. Also included are power-adjustable seats, heated front seats, settings for driver-seat memory, leather upholstery, power-adjustable pedals, and a 110-volt power outlet.
- Denali is the range-topping trim. It comes with all of the previously mentioned features plus a spray-in bedliner, more chrome accents, navigation system, leather upholstery, ventilated front seats, upgraded interior trim, heated steering wheel, power-sliding rear window, and parking sensors fore and aft. Technology upgrades include an 8-inch configurable information display, Bose audio system, and wireless phone charging.
Test drivers found that the 2017 GMC Sierra 3500 2WD was surprisingly comfortable for a heavy duty workhorse. The cabin is quiet and roomy. With a trailer attached, the trailer-sway control keeps the trailer from moving from side to side. The optional diesel engine delivers almost instantaneous power. The steering is good and the suspension responds well to bumps and potholes.
Don't expect that the fuel economy would be great for a heavy duty truck. The EPA estimated fuel economy is 11 mpg in city driving and 16 mpg on the highway.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base GMC Sierra 3500HD 2WD invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All GMC Sierra 3500HD 2WD Prices above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.