2016, 2017 GMC Terrain Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
GMC Terrain Prices - How Much is a GMC Terrain?
To avoid overpaying on a new GMC Terrain, price shop online first. Get up front prices before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
A new Terrain Nightfall package transforms the look of the vehicle with these features:
- Black accents for the front and rear fascia
- Gloss black trim for the rear license plate
- Charcoal luggage rails
- Gloss black outside manual-folding mirrors with power adjustments
- Gloss black surround and accents for the Charcoal grille
- Gloss black accents on 18-inch aluminum wheels
The 2017 GMC Terrain drives adequately on level paved roads through the use of a 2.4-liter four-cylinder that pushes out 182 horsepower and 172 lb.-ft. of torque. With its Fuel-Saving Eco Mode and the ability to use gasoline as well as E85 ethanol, this engine reaches an EPA-estimated 31 MPG on the highway and 21 MPG in the city with the front wheel drive.
For towing heavy trailers or driving on hilly roads, the available 3.6-liter V6 proves more adept by outputting 301 horsepower with 24 highway MPG and 17 city MPG. Its Standard Direct Injection combusts more efficiently through by distributing fuel with more rigor. And Variable Valve Timing ups the power and optimizes torque.
Four trim levels are available:
- SLE 1 includes a color touch radio with IntelliLink to entertain long drives, manual single-zone front climate-control air-conditioning to keep the cabin comfortable, and durable cloth seats.
- SLE-2 ups the ante with a premium audio system, LED Daytime Running Lamps to maintain visibility under the sun, and automatic climate control that compensates for changes in the temperature outside.
- SLT adds Remote Vehicle Start so the engine can be started and the cabin either pre-cooled or pre-warmed before passengers arrive. Perforated leather seats with integrated heating for the driver and front passenger add luxury.
- Denali increases protection with such driver-assist technologies as Forward Collision Alert, which warns if the SUV is about to hit the car in front and Lane Departure Warning, which signals if the SUV drifts from its current lane without an active turn signal.
Up to five people can stretch out in the Terrain with those in the rear enjoying nearly 40 inches of leg room. The MultiFlex rear seat reclines for comfort and folds in a 60/40 split to increase cargo capacity from 31.6 to 63.9 cubic feet. The interior stays quieter than expected because of tight construction to minimize the intrusion of exterior sound, triple door seals, and a laid-back acoustic-laminated windshield.
Interior amenities include a console shelf and stack storage in the center for organizing, a color-touch radio for controlling up to eight speaker in an available Pioneer® premium system, and available ambient lighting to cast a soft glow on available leather-upholstered seats.
A three-month trial to OnStar® is included with the 2017 GMC Terrain. This unique suite brings contact with a human adviser who can help with turn-by-turn navigation, roadside assistance during emergencies, and dealer maintenance notifications so the vehicle stays in excellent running shape.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base GMC Terrain invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All GMC Terrain Prices above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.