2016 Mazda CX-9 Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
Mazda CX-9 Prices - How Much is a Mazda CX-9?
To avoid overpaying on a new Mazda CX-9, price shop online first. Get up front prices before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
What’s New For 2017
The CX9 has only made a few changes from the previous model year. This year, the Touring trim now comes standard with "Smart City Brake Support," which is an automatic brake system for low speeds.
All trims of the 2017 Mazda CX9 are equipped with a 2.5-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder engine. Providing an impressive 227 horsepower and 310 pounds of torque, the powerful engine is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. The CX9 accelerates smoothly and handles well, even at high speeds or when towing up to 3,500 pounds.
The Base, Touring, and Grand Touring trims all come with front wheel drive with an all wheel drive optional upgrade, while the Signature trim comes standard with all wheel drive. The Base and Touring trims are equipped with 18-inch alloy wheels, while the Grand Touring and Signature trims have 20-inch wheels.
Comfort and Convenience Features
The new Mazda CX9 is impressively styled to be comfortable for day to day driving or long road trips. There are three spacious rows that fit seven people easily, but if you need cargo space, there are up to 71 cubic feet of cargo space with the second and third rows folded flat.
The Mazda CONNECT infotainment center is modern and convenient with a seven-inch color touchscreen display. Integrate your smartphone and send messages, listen to your playlist, and make phone calls with ease. The infotainment system also comes standard with Bluetooth, auxiliary and USB connections, a six-speaker sound system, and AM/FM/HD radio. You can also control most aspects from the steering wheel or use voice activation to stay safe while you are driving.
While the Base trim is well appointed with plenty of features, each trim has its own available features and amenities. The Base trim comes standard with:
- Daytime LED running lights with LED headlights and taillights
- Power side mirrors with built-in turn signals
- Three-zone automatic climate control
- Leather steering wheel and shift knob
- Cruise control and tilt/telescoping wheel
- Rear-view camera
The Touring trim has all the features of the Base and adds:
- Power rear liftgate
- Keyless entry and start
- Heated seats and side mirrors
- Eight-way power driver's seat with lumbar support; Four-way power passenger's seat
- Blind spot detection and rear cross-traffic alert
The Grand Touring trim builds on the Touring trim with:
- Active Driving Display projection onto the windshield
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- 12-speaker Bose surround sound audio system
- Lane departure warning, advanced blind spot monitoring, and Lane-Keep assist system
- Mazda Navigation
The Signature trim is the most luxurious of the four trims and owners will enjoy all the qualities of the Grand Touring trim in addition to:
- Rosewood interior trim and auburn-colored accents
- Nappa leather-trimmed seats
- Power moonroof
If you are seeking a mid-size crossover SUV, the 2017 Mazda CX9 will exceed your expectations. Schedule a test drive, and find out why professional reviewers and owners alike give the CX9 high marks across all categories.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Mazda CX-9 invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All Mazda CX-9 Prices above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.