2016 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4WD Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
To avoid overpaying on a new Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4WD, price shop online first. Get up front prices before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
Ram has released its 2016 Ram 1500 Quad Cab into the truck lineup. There are nine trim options in this vehicle.
The first trim available is the Tradesman and comes with:
• 3.6L V6 24-valve VVT engine.
• 8-speed automatic 845RE transmission.
• Auxiliary transmission oil cooler.
• Alternator with 160 Amps.
• Rear axle with 3.21 ratio.
• Maintenance free 739-Amp battery.
• Locking tailgate.
The second trim is the Express and comes with:
• Carpet floor covering.
• Rear and front floor mats.
• Fog lamps.
• 17" aluminum wheels.
• Front fascia body colored.
The third trim is the SLT and comes with:
• Cloth bench seat.
• Instrument panel.
• Overhead console.
• Upper fascia's body colored.
• Bright front and rear bumper.
The fourth trim is the Big Horn and comes with:
• Premium cloth bench seat.
• Cushion storage for front center seat.
• Power lumbar adjust.
• Courtesy lamps on exterior mirrors.
The fifth trim is the Lone Star and comes with bright tips on a dual rear exhaust and additional add-on options.
The sixth trim is the Tradesman HFE and comes with:
• 3L V6 EcoDiesel engine.
• Alternator with 230 amps.
• Rear axle with 3.55 ratio.
The seventh trim is the Express HFE is similar to the Tradesman HFE with a few extra features such as carpet flooring and rear and front mats.
The eighth trim is the Sport and comes with:
• Bucket seats.
• Heated front seats.
• Seats with high backs.
The ninth trim on the 2016 Ram 1500 Quad Cab is Laramie and comes with:
• Bright rotary shifter.
• Electronic shift.
• Engine oil cooler.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4WD invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4WD Prices above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.