2016 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
To avoid overpaying on a new Ram 2500 Mega Cab, price shop online first. Get up front prices before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
Ram has released its 2016 Ram 2500 Mega Cab onto the truck lineup. This vehicle comes in six different trims.
The first trim option is called the SLT. It comes with:
• 5.7L V8 HEMI VVT engine.
• Automatic 6-speed 66RFE transmission.
• 4-wheel disc brakes with anti-lock.
• Alternator with 160 Amps.
• Rear axle with 3.73 ratio.
• Maintenance free 730-Amp battery.
• Rear axle with conventional differential.
• Throttle with electronic control.
• Rear and front heavy duty shock absorbers.
• Bench seat with 40/20/40 split.
The second trim is called the Lone Star and comes with:
• Rear axle with anti-spin differential.
• Premium cloth bench seat.
• Cushion storage for front center seat.
• 10-way power driver seat.
• Lumbar power adjust.
• Auxiliary power outlet with 115 volts.
• Steering wheel with leather wrapping.
• Audio controls mounted on steering wheel.
• 18" aluminum wheels.
The third trim is called the Big Horn and has the same standard features as the Lone Star.
The fourth trim is called the Laramie and comes with:
• Oil cooler for the transmission.
• Front seats with heating.
• Seats with high backs.
• Leather trimmed bench seat.
• 10-way power driver seat with memory.
• 6-way power passenger seat.
• Front seats with ventilation.
• Temperature control in two zones.
The fifth trim is call the Laramie Longhorn and comes with:
• Behind seat storage.
• Bucket seats.
• Second row seats with heating.
• Leather seats.
The sixth trim on the 2016 Ram 2500 Mega Cab is the Limited and comes with:
• Leather bucket seats.
• Grab handle with leather wrapping.
• Door trimmed with luxury panel.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Ram 2500 Mega Cab invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All Ram 2500 Mega Cab Prices above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.