2016 Chevrolet Camaro Pros vs Cons. Should You Buy?
The 2010-2015 Camaro’s thrifty-looking interior is now part of history. The new 2016 design comes with better materials that have fewer seams as well as a look that is more cohesive, plus a feel that is much more open. This is all thanks to a dash board and console that is lower. A much better cockpit and tighter details have worked wonders for the new 2016 Chevy Camaro.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a 2016 Chevrolet Camaro – The Pros
1) Smarter, Lighter, Faster, and Quieter
The 6-generation 2016 Chevrolet Camaro is smarter, lighter, faster, and quieter than all the models coming before it. Now it's better put-together, riding on the underpinning of the Cadillac.
- For the very first time, it brings a better power-to-weight ratio (which now stands at 8.09 pounds per horse) when pitted against its perennial rival, the Mustang from Ford (at 8.51).
- Today, this historically brutish and heavy pony car has come dangerously close to being termed as sophisticated
2) Improved Interior Looks
Automotive journalists report that the redesigned 2016 Chevrolet Camaro's cabin is solid in build.
- The interior materials feel and look better
- You now have the new cool technology, such as a very sophisticated ambient lighting system plus high-definition color displays.
3) Redesigned Dashboard
The dash that has been redesigned has moved a notch higher in terms of quality. It's fairly easy to use and intuitive with some sharp graphics.
- An 8-inch touchscreen that has the MyLink infotainment system
- Android Auto or Apple Car Play.
4) Infotainment Architecture
The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro's screen snappy responses, crispness, and simple graphical layout are simply miles ahead.The Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration complete the picture, with the Wi-Fi hotspot powered by 4G LTE being the icing on the cake.
5) Acceleration and Power
The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro, by any historic standard, is an extremely fast car.According to motor vehicle writers, the Chevrolet Camaro’s base engine is smooth, supplying plenty of power.
- The vehicle’s 6-speed manual transmission is providing crisp and clean shifts
- When utilizing the paddle shifters, the 8-speed auto lets you bring the car to the red line
- The standard 4-cylinder2.0-liter turbocharged engine really packs a punch.
6) Braking and Handling
The new 2016 Chevrolet Camaro is providing the kind of braking and handling that was once the exclusive domain of European higher-end sports sedans and coupes.
The Chevrolet Camaro:
- Is stable and smooth in quick maneuvers
- Feels planted even when you are on fast sweeping curves
- Has very minimal body dive, roll or squat.
7) Athletic Handling
Test drivers hold that the Chevy offers athletic handling, producing only slight body roll as you maneuver round sharp corners. Reviewers add that the car’s steering is suitably crisp and weighted. Brembo brakes that are also available offer exceptional vehicle stopping power.
8) Cost Effective
Test drivers are very impressed with the V6 and V8 engines, agreeing about their incredible potency. Here you get a car that provides the driving sophistication seen in a European sports-luxury sedan, but at a cost that is considerably less.
9) Driving Impressions
This is a very fast car. The higher-horsepower output on top of the lighter new chassis makes all the difference while you are on the road, needing little time in overtaking your competition.The Chevy easily shrugs off any imperfections on the road with casualness, even when it’s not equipped with adjustable suspension.
10) Reliability and Recalls
The 2016 Camaro is covered by a 60,000-mile/5-year powertrain warranty and a 3-year/36,000-mile comprehensive warranty.The new Chevy Camaro has not witnessed any safety recalls from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
To avoid overpaying on a new car, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
These free services will offer you the lowest prices and supply you with multiple competing price quotes. You will know the best price before you visit the dealer.
Reasons Not to Buy a 2016 Chevrolet Camaro – The Cons
Although the front seats of the 2016 Camaro are more supportive and comfortable than previously, the dinky backseats would appear to suit contortionists or small children. For you to get a glimpse out of the car, you also need to perform some serious wriggling.
2) Offers Limited Outward Visibility
While the car may be completely new, anybody who has driven the previous Camaro coupe generation will notice the familiar large blind spots, small windows, and visibility that is limited.The majority of reviewers will caution you that the large back pillars and small windows of the Chevrolet Camaro create limited outward visibility.
3) Poor Trunk Space
The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro has been judged to have poor trunk space for this class of vehicles, and most auto journalists have pointed out this shortcoming.
- The small trunk shortcoming is exacerbated by the trunk’s smallish opening
- Even more worrying is that the trunk space would seem to be somewhat even smaller than 2015’s already tight space of 11.3 cubic feet.
4) Not Very Great in Carving Corners
Auto critics are not amenable to calling the Camaro an excellent corner carver. Although it has seen marked improvements from the dynamics of the 5-generation model, the car remains a bulky 3,700-lb. machine. For that, you'd need the help of anti-gravity if you are to make a nimble road-master from this car.
5) Safety Ratings
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration or the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has not yet evaluated this new vehicle. It, however, has all the standard safety features such as:
- Air bags
- Traction Control
- Electronic Stability Control and Brake Assist
Being a new car, 2016 Chevrolet Camaro has not yet received crash-test data.
How It Stacks Up To The Competition:
2016 Chevrolet Camaro could be compared with the Ford Mustang or the Mazda MX-5 Miata.
- Overall, at a rating of 9.3, the Chevrolet Camaro beats the Ford Mustang, which is at 9.0 but is slightly below the 9.4 of the Mazda MX-5 Miata.
- The price is only about a thousand bucks over the two models
- The Camaro has a Rear Wheel Drive train, similar to the Ford Mustang and the Mazda MX-5 Miata
- It has a Sun/Moon Roof that comes with Power Tilt/Sliding which the other two lack.
Yes, the new 2016 Chevrolet Camaro looks almost similar to the old one, and its interior still retains some shortcomings. However, the fact is that it's meaner, leaner, and true to its glorious heritage as an emphatic response from Chevrolet to the Mustang from Ford.
The bottom line is that the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro is demonstrably a better bargain. Don't get easily fooled by what would appear to be the same old familiar looks, this is an extremely good package.
2016 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Pros VS Cons
2016 Chevrolet Equinox Pros VS Cons
2016 Chevrolet Impala Pros VS Cons
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Pros VS Cons