Why Buy a 2016 Chevrolet Impala?Buying Guide Advice Prices
The 4-cylinder LTZ engine has now been dropped, which leaves the V6 engine being the sole option choice for this 2016 top-of-the-line car model. Similarly, leather has replaced the optional "suede cloth" upholstery.
For the new upgrade, Chevrolet has woven Apple CarPlay into the infotainment system of the Impala. It allows you to mirror a number of phone functions on the screen of your Impala. Besides the CarPlay, the Impala now offers wireless phone charging.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a 2016 Chevrolet Impala – The Pros
1) Performance and Powertrains
According to many auto journalists, the 2016 Chevrolet Impala delivers controlled handling and a comfortable ride.
- For a large family based sedan, it is effortless to drive.
- Regardless of the model, you'll get one of the best and most refined road experiences ever seen in this car segment.
2) Acceleration and Power
Test drivers have written that generally, the older 4-cylinder Impala comes with sufficient power. The new 2016 Chevrolet Impala V6 is delivering praiseworthy fuel economy and enhanced performance.
- The car has the capability of sprinting from zero to 60 mph in under 7 seconds.
- It has ample torque, and the efficiently programmed automatic transmission will allow you to undertake confident overtaking maneuvers.
The Impala V6 strong acceleration gives you the required courage of negotiating city traffic, easily merge onto major highways/freeways, into the flow of traffic as well as climb steep grades. All this is done while returning something that on average is better than 20 mpg.
3) Handling and Braking
As was expected, the 2016 Chevrolet Impala takes any manner of road impacts in its stride smoothly, easily soaking up the ruts and bumps like any big car ought to. Even without the sporting performance aspect, the Impala is still offering a secure and stable feel when you are on winding roads.
4) Chevrolet Impala's Interior
The feel and look of interior materials of the new Impala have set a new standard for Chevrolet, exceeding what several luxury brands are offering.
- Many test drivers have praised the attractive designs and luxurious materials of the 2016 Chevrolet Impala's cabin.
- No matter the engine you select, the new Impala offers luxurious comfort.
5) Dashboard Features
Reviewers are impressed with the individual 2016 Chevrolet Impala controls for climate and audio volume settings.
- The responsive voice command system of MyLink
- The sharp graphics of MyLink
- How easy it is easy to input a destination
- The 'natural language' capability that effectively eliminates the need to have cumbersome memorized commands
6) Extra External Trims
The 2016 Impala lineup appearance bling you can expect, depending on your trim selection includes:
- 18 or 19-inch alloy or steel wheels
- Keyless entry
- Power-adjustable heated mirrors.
7) Seating Arrangements
Auto reviews and test drivers agree that the front seats of the 2016 Impala offer sufficient comfort, and that driver’s outward visibility is excellent as you drive. They also agree that the rear seats are providing some generous amounts of space.
Other aspects include:
- Quality leather upholstery
- The front seats are attractive and comfortable.
- Legroom at the rear-seat is excellent.
- Heated/ventilated front seats
- Heated steering wheel
Also available is a power-adjustable front passenger seat to give even better visibility.
8) Cargo Handling
Test drivers have expressed their satisfaction with the 2016 Chevrolet Impala's trunk spaciousness.
- The standard rear seat split-folding has made the space additionally useful.
- There is an abundance of storage for small-item in the cabin like the lockable hidden compartment behind the infotainment touchscreen.
9) Safety Ratings
The current Impala has been given the government’s best 5-star rating for crash tests. The IIHS has also rated this full-size Chevrolet 4-door car at its highest possible “Good” in all tested safety categories.
10) Recalls and Reliability
For 2016, there is no data on reliability, but so far the car has not suffered safety-related recalls by the NHTSA.
- Chevrolet has covered the 2016 Impala model with a 60,000-mile/five-year powertrain warranty
- A bumper-to-bumper 3-year limited 36,000-mile warranty.
To avoid overpaying on a new car, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
These free services will offer you the lowest prices and supply you with multiple competing price quotes. You will know the best price before you visit the dealer.
Reasons Not to Buy a 2016 Chevrolet Impala – The Cons
1) Slow Performance
When viewed among its rivals, the majority of which come with a V6 standard, the Impala’s V6-powered fuel economy is somewhat low. Test drivers have said that the Impala doesn't come out as feeling particularly sporty when pitted against its closest rivals.
2) Slow Touchscreen
A few auto critics have complained that the 2016 Chevrolet Impala touch screen at times can be slow in responding to your inputs. They feel that a quicker and more predictable infotainment system touch inputs responses would have added value to the 2016 Impala.
3) Driving Experiences
Although reasonably willing and smooth, the base 4-cylinder engine 110-hp deficit becomes readily apparent when you are in the driver’s seat. Drivers have observed that there is a clear difference when you are driving the V6, although the performance is fair.
How It Stacks Up To The Competition:
It is realistic to compare the 2016 Chevrolet Impala with the Toyota Avalon Hybrid and the Nissan Maxima 2016 models.
- The new 2016 Chevrolet Impala critic’s rating at 9.2 is higher than the two models which tie at 9.0
- Performance rating at 8.5 is higher than the 7.6 for the Toyota Avalon Hybrid but slightly lower than Nissan Maxima’s 8.7
- Safety rating is at 9.4, is above the 9.3 for the Avalon Hybrid though below the Maxima’s 10.0
- At 8.8, the Impala beats the two regarding interior rating, Maxima (8.6) and the Hybrid (8.4)
- The 2016 Impala has Steel Wheels and Wheel Covers which the two others lack.
- Rear Parking Aid is available for the Impala while the Hybrid and the Maxima lack.
- Overall rating ties with the Toyota Avalon Hybrid at 8.8 just below the Maxima’s 9.0
Auto reviewers have observed that the 2016 Impala remains kind of grandfatherly in terms of size and appearance, yet this 5-passenger Chevrolet sedan has undergone a comprehensive re-design. This has continued to contribute to its ever growing appeal as a budget-minded family sedan if you are after a comfortable and well-equipped strong car.
With the appealing combination of space, V6 power, economy, and style, the 2016 Chevrolet Impala is certainly a very smart choice when it comes to a large sedan. Be on the lookout for the package of 2016 Impala trims coming to showrooms this Fall.
2016 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Buying Guide
2016 Chevrolet Colorado Buying Guide
2016 Chevrolet Cruze Buying Guide
2016 Chevrolet Equinox Buying Guide
2016 Chevrolet Malibu Buying Guide
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Buying Guide