2017 Chevrolet Express 3500Should you buy? Well, it depends..
What’s New for 2017?
A diesel engine is no longer available for the 2017 model year. Everything else remains virtually unchanged.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Express 3500 – The Pros
1) Solid Base Engine
The base V-8 engine does not sacrifice a great deal of performance. It develops a stout 285 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque. This engine’s toughness makes it a good choice for everyday use. Even when carrying a full load of passengers, the van still feels quite strong. All versions of the Chevrolet Express 3500 come equipped with a six-speed automatic transmission.
2) Very Powerful Vortec Engine
Some people will be lured by the larger Vortec engine. The potent 6.0-liter, V-8 engine produces an impressive 342 horsepower and 373 pound-feet of torque. You can definitely take advantage of the extra muscle when pulling a trailer. Like the base power source, the Vortec engine is known to be durable.
3) Towing Package
The optional towing package transforms the 2017 Express 3500 into a more versatile vehicle. When needed, you will be able to lug around more than 8,000 pounds. All of the key towing accessories come with this package. Every model features a tow/haul mode, which helps keep the transmission in the optimum gear.
4) Reliable Van
You can rely on the 2017 Express 3500 on a daily basis. A low-tech design makes the van extremely easy to maintain. Owners have not reported many major mechanical problems. The van’s suspension system and powertrain are engineered to withstand the test of time. It is a very good choice for transportation businesses.
5) Chrome Appearance Package
Although the Chevrolet Express 3500 is not designed to be a beauty queen, the Chrome Appearance package does make it look more attractive. The package includes chrome bumpers and upgraded headlights. The upgraded trim will appeal to the business owners who want to impress their customers. You will be able to choose from eight different exterior colors.
6) User-Friendly Cabin
When behind the wheel of the Chevrolet Express 3500, drivers will grow to appreciate its user-friendly controls. Both the radio and the HVAC system can be easily adjusted by simply turning a dial. The gear shifter is mounted along the steering wheel, which is yet another advantage for drivers. Six-way power seats and tilt steering are optional.
7) Tough Interior
There are advantages to the van’s simple interior design. The standard rubber flooring is durable and easy to keep clean. Business owners will also appreciate the vinyl seats, which are tough enough to handle transporting passengers on an everyday basis. Furthermore, most stains can be quickly removed by using basic upholstery cleaner.
8) Modern Technologies Available
The 2017 Chevrolet Express 3500 is definitely not considered to be a luxurious van. However, you can now upgrade it with some very convenient technologies. Drivers and passengers will surely benefit from the 4G Wi-Fi hot spot. When attempting to park the big van, the Rear Vision camera will make the driver’s job easier. Bluetooth technology and navigation are also available.
9) MyLink Infotainment System
Chevy’s MyLink interface proves to be one of today’s most practical infotainment systems. Not only does it feature smartphone integration, but it also comes loaded with popular apps. The touch-screen display responds quickly to the user’s fingers. All of the graphics are colorful and easy to recognize. It certainly makes driving the van a more pleasurable experience.
10) Good ValueIn the land of full-size passenger vans, the 2017 Chevrolet Express stands as a solid value. Prices start at around $33,100 for the base Express 3500. GM’s highly touted OnStar emergency response system and tinted glass come standard. Although the van’s optional technologies will cause its cost to rise, it still compares favorably with the competition. A 60,000-mile powertrain warranty sweetens the deal.
Reasons Not to Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Express 3500 – The Cons
1) Guzzles Plenty of Fuel
Unfortunately, the Express 3500 is not easy on gas. It is rated to return a disappointing 11 mpg in the city and 16 mpg on the highway. If you need to pull a heavy load, expect the van's fuel efficiency to drop even more.
2) No Advanced Safety Features
Aside from the available backup camera and parking sensors, the 2017 Express 3500 cannot be equipped with any high-tech safety features. Chevrolet does not offer modern technologies such as blind-spot monitoring and forward collision warning for the van. If you desire advanced driving aids, check out Mercedes-Benz's full-size van lineup.
3) Not Very Luxurious
For the most part, the 2017 Chevrolet Express 3500 is just a basic passenger van. You won't find any niceties such as ventilated seats and leather upholstery on its list of options. This could be an issue for the transportation businesses that want to offer an extravagant ride.
Conclusion:There are a lot of businesses and other organizations that will like what the 2017 Chevrolet Express 3500 brings to the table. Its proven durability and impressive towing capabilities make it a great option. When equipped with features such as tilt steering and power seats, the 2017 Chevrolet Express 3500 becomes a more enjoyable van to drive.
• Why Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Camero
• Why Buy a 2017 Chevrolet City Express
• Why Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Colorado
• Why Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Corvette
• Why Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Cruze
• Why Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Equinox
• Why Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Express 2500
• Why Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Express 3500
• Why Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Impala
• Why Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Malibu
• Why Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
• Why Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 3500
• Why Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Sonic
• Why Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Spark
• Why Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Suburban
• Why Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Tahoe
• Why Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Traverse
• Why Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Trax
• Why Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Volt