2015 Chrysler 200Buying Guide • Review • Research
Although some will be disappointed that the convertible 200 model trim has been discontinued for 2015, many will agree that this new hardtop Chrysler 200 is far too gorgeous to pass by and will be excited by this new car.
The Chrysler 200 has an invoice price of $21,605 to $29,285 and a MSRP of $21,700 to $30,425. It achieves 23 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway with the standard I-4, 2.4 liter/144 engine, along with 184 HP and 173 lb-ft of torque. AWD model trims are equipped with V-6, 3.6 liter/220 engines that garner 18 mpg in city driving and 29 mpg on the highway along with a respectable 295 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque.
Top Twelve Reasons to Buy a 2015 Chrysler 200 - The Pros
1) The 2015 Chrysler 200 has received top ratings for safety and is ranked #8 of 21 by US News for Affordable Midsized Cars.
2) All 2015 Chrysler 200 model trims run on regular unleaded gasoline.
3) Test drivers and reviewers agree that the 2015 Chrysler 200's standard I-4 engine provides adequate power to maneuver through one's day, though most prefer the more robust optional V-6 engine.
4) Most test drivers are impressed by the smooth and nimble handling provided by the Chrysler 200.
5) All 2015 Chrysler 200 model trims are equipped with a nine-speed automatic trans mission that most test drivers have noted as smoothly shifting in normal everyday situations.
6) An automatic transmission with manual mode option is available for higher trim models.
7) Most test drivers appreciated the precise steering experienced by driving the Chrysler 200.
8) The Chrysler 200 has received much praise for its powerful braking system and its compliant ride over uneven pavement.
9) Test drivers and reviewers agree that the newly designed interior cabin utilizes high quality materials, and is very attractive. The base-model LX trim is furnished with fine-quality cloth upholstery and features genuine wood trim accents. Higher trim models have access to leather upholstery, and utilize more wood in the interior's design details.
10) The Chrysler 200 is praised for its bountiful combined cabin and 16 cubic-feet trunk space.
11) The new standard Uconnect infotainment system is praised for its user friendliness.
12) Many exciting optional features and upgrades are available for the higher-grade model trims, including leather upholstery and heated, ventilated, and power adjustable front seats. Customers can also opt for dual-zoned climate control, the new adaptive cruise control, and a choice of sun/moon roofs with tilt and slide function.
Customers can also upgrade the standard 4-speaker audio system to a 9-speaker premium audio system with satellite radio, Bluetooth connectivity, and Wi-Fi hot spot. An upgraded Uconnect system endows the Chrysler 200 with a five-inch touch screen, and the option for navigation comes with a touch screen that is over eight inches.
Customers can also choose rear parking sensors, rearview camera, blind spot monitoring, and a forward collision warning system with automatic braking, rear cross path monitoring, along with parallel park assist, and lane departure warning with lane keep assist.
Reasons Not to Buy a 2015 Chrysler 200 - The Cons
1) While the front seats are praised for roomy comfort, tall passengers may find the rear seats a bit cramped.
2) Some test drivers complained that the I-4 engine can be noisy upon hard acceleration. They were satisfied with the more roar-like sound of the V-6 engine in the same situation.
3) Those who have their hearts set on buying a convertible car for 2015 will have to find a different model since the convertible model trim is not offered for the 2015 Chrysler 200.
How the 2015 Chrysler 200 Stacks Up to the Competition:
1) Test drivers and reviewers agree that the 2015 Chrysler 200's 16 cubic-feet trunk space combined with the accessible in-cabin space when the rear seats are folded down provides some of the most abundant cargo space capacity of all cars in its class.
2) Reviewers and Test drivers also agree that the 2015 Chrysler 200's interior controls are impressively intuitive, and some assert that the Uconnect infotainment system provides such perfect response to user inputs that it tops all competitors in its class.
The 2015 Chrysler 200 has accomplished its aim for becoming a
serious contender in the mid-sized sedan class. Its svelte new exterior design is matched by an updated interior that rivals cars that are usually considered the best.
Appropriate placement and superb functionality of the interior instruments along with an impeccable Uconnect infotainment system has left reviewers and test drivers singing praises for the new Chrysler 200. All agree that the car's instrument panel is easy to use and each feature performs its task exactly as instructed.
While reviewers agree that front seat occupants are afforded the best in comfort and convenience, from the thoughtfully designed sliding cup holders to ample legroom, a few test drivers have asserted that the rear section of the cabin will provide a cramped travelling experience for taller passengers.
The best way to please more people in a crowd is to offer multiple options, and those shopping the midsized sedan market will appreciate the variety of options offered for the 2015 Chrysler 200. Customers can choose the I-4 2.4-liter engine or opt for the more powerful V-6 3.6-liter engine. Nine-speed automatic transmissions can be obtained with manual mode for those who desire a visceral interaction with their driving experience, and the Chrysler 200 is available with front or all-wheel drive. Leather seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel, and a plethora of attractive options are easily obtained within this exquisite line of high-performing mid-sized sedans.