2017 Ford F-150 Pros vs Cons. Should You Buy?
What’s New for 2017?
To help keep its iconic pickup on top, Ford will offer a new 10-speed automatic transmission. The top-of-the-line 3.5L EcoBoost engine has also been modified to develop more power. To the delight of off-road enthusiasts, the rugged Raptor model has been reintroduced into the lineup.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a 2017 Ford F-150 – The Pros
1) Bold Exterior
The 2017 F-150 has a powerful road presence. A chiseled grille helps give it a muscular profile. LED headlights come standard on the higher trim levels. Featuring an attractive set of 22-inch wheels and special exterior trim, the Limited model is especially stunning. Some of the exciting paint colors include Bronze Fire, Lightning Blue, and Race Red.
2) Extremely Potent 3.5L EcoBoost Engine
If you want the most pulling power, the 3.5L EcoBoost engine sits atop the lineup. It now churns out a stout 375 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of torque. The additional torque will come in handy will lugging around a heavy load. An all-new 10-speed transmission further enhances the truck’s performance.
3) Fuel-Saving Design
An aluminum body helps the 2017 F-150 to offer much better gas mileage than in the past. Drivers have praised the base V-6 engine’s impressive fuel economy. It returns an efficient 25 mpg on the open road. You can also opt for a 2.7L EcoBoost engine, which delivers 19 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway.
4) FX4 Off-Road Package
An optional FX4 Off-Road package gives the F-150 an extra degree of ruggedness. Whether you are traveling to a remote campsite or enjoying a weekend hunting trip, you can take full advantage of the truck’s capabilities. An upgraded suspension enables the pickup to handle the harsh terrain. The off-road package also includes skid plates, an electronic locking differential, and hill descent control.
5) Extremely Capable Raptor Model
Although the Ford F-150 Raptor was discontinued a few years ago, it is now back. It is engineered to be among the most rugged pickup trucks in the world. Not only does the all-new Raptor model produce more power, but it also looks especially sinister. The truck comes standard with FOX racing shocks and a sophisticated 4WD system.
6) An Alternative Family Vehicle
While many families have started to gravitate towards crossover SUVs, the 2017 Ford F-150 is as equally accommodating. The Supercrew version is an especially rewarding family vehicle. Its full-size doors enable everyone to climb aboard easily. There is also an impressive amount of space on the inside. Heated rear seats come standard on the King Ranch and Platinum models.
7) Luxurious Upgrades
Like a premium luxury sedan, the 2017 Ford F-150 can be equipped with a lot of nice features. Ford’s user-friendly Sync 3 system is a major upgrade from its old infotainment system. An amplified Sony sound system gives the truck an extra fun factor. Some of the other upgrades include a high-tech gauge cluster, leather upholstery, and a panoramic sunroof.
8) Ample Towing Enhancements
If you need to pull a load, the 2017 F-150 will make the task a lot easier. Trailer sway control comes standard. Meanwhile, Pro Trailer Backup Assist helps you to easily maneuver in tight situations. You can also take advantage of the Smart Trailer Tow Connector, which enables drivers to keep tabs on their trailer’s lights.
9) Fast Truck
In terms of straight-line acceleration, the 2017 Ford F-150 will give the average sports coupe a run for its money. The 3.5L EcoBoost version is remarkably quick. Last year’s model clocked an unbelievable 0-60 time of 5.8 seconds. However, the new engine’s higher output and advanced transmission should make it even quicker.
10) Five-Star Safety RatingThe 2017 Ford F-150 boasts a five-star safety rating. It also offers an admirable number of safety innovations. Blind-spot monitoring helps you to recognize oncoming vehicles. A 360-degree camera and lane-departure intervention are also offered.
Reasons Not to Buy a 2017 Ford F-150 – The Cons
1) No Diesel Engine
Diesel engines are becoming very popular lately. Unfortunately, the F-150 still does not offer one. A lot of truck enthusiasts would appreciate the additional fuel savings and extra pulling power.
2) A Manual Transmission Is Not Offered
Ford yet again fails to offer a manual transmission for the 2017 model. If the Ford F-150's automatic transmission is a deal breaker, you will be forced to choose a truck manufactured by another company. Some of the trucks that offer a manual gearbox include the midsize Chevy Colorado and the heavy-duty Ram 2500.
3) Aluminum Body Repair
Although the truck's aluminum body saves weight, it is also more expensive to repair. If you get in a fender bender, the various body panels may need to be completely replaced. As you may already know, aluminum is more difficult to fix than steel.
As usual, the 2017 Ford F-150 should remain among America's most popular vehicles. Many drivers are eagerly waiting to test out the truck's optional 10-speed transmission. The all-new 2017 Raptor model is destined to catch the attention of hardcore truck enthusiasts. Although the Ford F-150 can handle a large workload, it still offers a ton of luxury.
• Why Buy a 2017 Ford Escape
• Why Buy a 2017 Ford Expedition
• Why Buy a 2017 Ford Expedition EL
• Why Buy a 2017 Ford Explorer
• Why Buy a 2017 Ford F-150
• Why Buy a 2017 Ford F-250
• Why Buy a 2017 Ford F-350
• Why Buy a 2017 Ford F-450
• Why Buy a 2017 Ford Fiesta
• Why Buy a 2017 Ford Flex
• Why Buy a 2017 Ford Fusion
• Why Buy a 2017 Ford Fusion Energi
• Why Buy a 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid
• Why Buy a 2017 Ford Mustang
• Why Buy a 2017 Ford Shelby GT-350
• Why Buy a 2017 Ford Taurus
• Why Buy a 2017 Ford Transit 150
• Why Buy a 2017 Ford Transit 250
• Why Buy a 2017 Ford Transit 350
• Why Buy a 2017 Ford Transit Connect
• 2018 Ford F-150 Trim Level Configurations & Comparison
• Why buy a 2014 Ford F-150? w/ pros vs cons.
• Why buy a 2015 Ford F-150? w/ pros vs cons.
• Why buy a 2016 Ford F-150? w/ pros vs cons.