Why Buy a 2017 Ford FusionShould you buy? Well, it depends..
What’s New for 2017?
This year, Ford has released a high-performance sport trim. Longtime fans of the Fusion will also notice its new front fascia. An impressive number of technologies are now offered, including Ford’s latest Sync 3 infotainment system.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a 2017 Ford Fusion – The Pros
1) Impressive Fuel Savings
Drivers will appreciate the sedan’s strong fuel economy. Aside from the high-powered sport model, all versions of the 2017 Fusion can return more than 30 mpg on the highway. The optional 1.5L EcoBoost engine is especially good on gas. It can deliver an outstanding 25 mpg in the city and 37 mpg on the highway.
2) Secure Handling
Even the base model feels very responsive. Whether you are traveling on the interstate or cruising along a country road, you can expect the 2017 Fusion to feel secure. However, step up to the Titanium model if you crave a sportier driving experience. Its stiffer suspension gives drivers an extra sense of control.
3) Very Strong 2.0L EcoBoost Engine
Available as an option, the 2.0L EcoBoost engine gives the Ford Fusion an extra measure of performance. It pumps out a lively 240 horsepower and 270 pound-feet of torque. The additional muscle significantly improves the sedan’s acceleration. Amazingly, it returns only slightly less fuel economy than the base engine. A six-speed automatic transmission comes standard.
4) New High-Performance Sport Model
The new Ford Fusion Sport is arguably the most fun-to-drive sedan in its class. Its comes equipped with a turbocharged six-cylinder engine, which punches out a thrilling 325 horsepower and 350 pound-feet of torque. A 0-60 time of around five seconds puts it among today's quickest family sedans. The speedster also benefits from a sports-tuned suspension.
5) Intelligent AWD System
Unlike a lot of other family sedans, the 2017 Ford Fusion can be fitted with an Intelligent AWD system. In the event that your wheels start to lose traction, the AWD system will immediately activate itself. This eliminates the need for drivers to press any buttons. The AWD package will surely come in handy on snowy days.
6) Smooth Styling
Upon first looking at the 2017 Ford Fusion, its sleek styling will instantly catch your attention. The sedan’s hexagonal grille now looks better than ever. Featuring a spiffy set of 18-inch alloy wheels and a sleek spoiler, the Appearance package gives the sedan even more flair. Some of the dramatic paint colors include white gold, ruby red, and lightning blue.
7) Made for Families
Ford deigned the new Fusion to easily accommodate a family of five. There is more than enough space for your loved ones to stretch their legs. While behind the wheel, you will be able to obtain the best possible driving position. Ventilated and heated seats further improve the sedan’s level of comfort. The trunk also provides a solid 16 cubic feet of storage space.
8) Inexpensive Base Model
The 2017 Ford Fusion S allows you to budget your money without sacrificing quality. Prices start at around $22,500. Its 175-horsepower engine provides just the right amount of kick. Smartphone integration is one of the base model’s most attractive features. Some of the other standard items include a rear-view camera, Bluetooth technology, and a USB port.
9) Sync 3 Technology
Many people in the automotive world have praised the automaker’s new Sync 3 infotainment system. It is far better at processing information than the old version. When choosing apps from the touch-screen display, the interface responds immediately. Even first-time users will find the system to be uncomplicated.
10) Rivals a Premium Luxury CarWhen fully loaded, the 2017 Fusion can compete with a lot of today’s premium luxury sedans. The automated parking system takes the stress out of maneuvering in a busy city. Music fans will love the enhanced sound quality of the amplified Sony audio system. Meanwhile, upgraded leather upholstery transforms the top-of-the-line Platinum trim into a showstopper.
Reasons Not to Buy a 2017 Ford Fusion – The Cons
1) No Manual Transmission Offered
The 2017 model has an impressive selection of engines. Unfortunately for some drivers, a manual gearbox is not offered. A six-speed manual transmission would make the electrifying Fusion Sport even more appetizing. The good news is that the SelectShift automatic transmission performs very well.
2) Sleek Roof Reduces Backseat Headroom
Because of the sedan's sleek roof, your rear-seat passengers must sacrifice a bit of headroom. This issue could prove to be a factor for some families. If you have any tall friends, allow them to sit in the backseat beforehand.
3) No Automatic Braking Technology
Automatic braking is not available for the 2017 model. This omission takes a few points away from the sedan's superb safety profile. However, buyers can opt for safety innovations such as blind-spot monitoring and forward collision alert.
The 2017 Ford Fusion is possibly the most well-rounded family sedan on the market. While the base S model proves to be a genuine bargain, the all-new Ford Fusion Sport is an intoxicating performance machine. All-wheel-drive is yet another major plus. With the arrival of the new Sync 3 infotainment system, the Ford Fusion now has even fewer weaknesses.
• 2017 Ford Escape Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Expedition Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Expedition EL Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Explorer Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford F-150 Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford F-250 Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford F-350 Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford F-450 Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Fiesta Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Flex Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Fusion Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Fusion Energi Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Mustang Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Shelby GT-350 Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Taurus Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Transit 150 Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Transit 250 Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Transit 350 Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Transit Connect Pros vs Cons