2017 Ford Mustang Pros vs Cons. Should You Buy?
What’s New for 2017?
Ford decided not to make any significant changes to the 2017 model. Last year, a new SYNC 3 infotainment system debuted on the Mustang.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a 2017 Ford Mustang – The Pros
1) Fun Base V-6 Model
If you are on a tight budget, the base V-6 Ford Mustang will prove to be a rewarding choice. Its V-6 engine pushes out a satisfying 300 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque. Drivers will love the V-6 model’s quick acceleration and reasonable gas mileage. With a starting price of around $25,500, it proves to be a super value.
2) Strong & Fuel-Efficient EcoBoost Engine
A lot of Mustang buyers will choose the EcoBoost engine. The turbocharged four-cylinder engine produces 310 horsepower and 320 pound-feet of torque. You can choose either a six-speed manual gearbox or an automatic transmission. When launched from a stop, the EcoBoost model hustles to 60 mph in 5.8 seconds. You can also look forward to getting up to 32 mpg.
3) Mighty V-8 Engine
Diehard muscle car fans will likely opt for the potent V-8 engine. It now develops an aggressive 435 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque. The engine’s powerful sound and quick-revving design make it especially gratifying. A 0-60 time of 4.5 seconds puts the Ford Mustang GT among the quickest coupes in its class.
4) Performance Upgrades
Ford offers a number of performance goodies for the 2017 Mustang. Even the base model can be equipped with upgraded tires. Boasting enhancements such as a sports-tuned suspension and shorter gearing, the EcoBoost Performance package brings an extra degree of driving excitement. Meanwhile, a Torsen limited-slip differential takes the GT model’s handling to the next level.
5) Comfortable Muscle Car
When driving the new 2017 Mustang, you will appreciate its overall comfort. A relaxing driver’s seat makes it a great choice for taking a long road trip. Heated and ventilated front seats are optional. Unlike old-school muscle cars, the new Ford Mustang features a very quiet cabin. You can also take advantage of the coupe’s rather large trunk.
6) Big Aftermarket
If you want to customize your new 2017 Ford Mustang, it will prove to be a very easy task. There are literally dozens of places to find cool accessories. While some companies specialize in engine tuning, there are others that manufacture styling enhancements such as wheels and grilles. You will definitely have an opportunity to give your ride a personal touch.
7) Iconic Styling
A lot of drivers have fallen in love with the styling of the 2017 Ford Mustang. A wide grille opening and sloping roof help give it a unique appearance. Dual exhaust outlets and LED taillights come standard. Quite a few stylish trim packages are offered. Featuring black alloy wheels and all-black exterior trim, the Black Accent package looks very eye-catching. Some dazzling convertible models are also in the lineup.
8) Useful Standard Features
Even the base 2017 Ford Mustang rewards you with several nice features. A Track Apps feature records the car’s performance numbers. Every driver can benefit from the rear-view camera. Some of the other standard items include a SYNC voice control system, xenon headlights, and a six-speaker sound system.
9) Safe Sports Car
The 2017 Ford Mustang earned an excellent, five-star safety rating. To keep teen drivers out of trouble, parents can use the MyKey feature to set a speed limit. A strong anti-lock braking system also comes standard. Meanwhile, blind-spot monitoring enhances your security on the highway. Forward collision warning and adaptive cruise control are available as well.
10) High-Tech GoodiesFeaturing a 390-watt amplifier, the Shaker Pro audio system fills the entire cabin with soothing bass. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are now included with Ford’s Sync 3 interface, which should intrigue smartphone users. An Intelligent Access feature eliminates the need to use a key.
Reasons Not to Buy a 2017 Ford Mustang – The Cons
1) Cramped Backseat
The 2017 Mustang is not the most suitable family vehicle. While there is enough room in the backseat for young children, most teenagers will feel very cramped. If you need to accommodate your family, a muscular sedan such as the Dodge Charger will be a better option.
2) No All-Wheel-Drive Package
All versions of the new Mustang are rear-wheel drive. This could pose a problem for the drivers who need to travel in snowy conditions. Unfortunately, an AWD system is not available for the 2017 model.
3) Sports-Tuned Suspension Results In Stiffer Ride
When equipped with the optional performance package, the 2017 Ford Mustang can compete with sports cars that are far more expensive. However, you will experience a bumpier ride. The sports-tuned suspension and low-profile tires allow more road vibrations to enter the cabin.
The Mustang definitely has a loyal fan base. While the base V-6 and EcoBoost models offer a lot of value, the powerful 2017 Mustang GT delivers a world-class level of performance. Every driver will appreciate the legendary muscle car's impressive safety rating. In contrast to a tiny coupe. the 2017 Ford Mustang is comfortable enough to take on a cross-country excursion.
• 2017 Ford Escape Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Expedition Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Expedition EL Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Explorer Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford F-150 Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford F-250 Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford F-350 Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford F-450 Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Fiesta Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Flex Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Fusion Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Fusion Energi Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Mustang Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Shelby GT-350 Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Taurus Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Transit 150 Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Transit 250 Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Transit 350 Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Ford Transit Connect Pros vs Cons
• 2018 Ford Mustang Trim Level Configurations & Comparison
• Why buy a 2014 Ford Mustang? w/ pros vs cons.
• Why buy a 2015 Ford Mustang? w/ pros vs cons.
• Why buy a 2016 Ford Mustang? w/ pros vs cons.