Why Buy a 2016 GMC Yukon?Buying Guide Advice Reviews
Motor dealerships are today overflowing with huge, 3-row crossovers that are well suited for ferrying all your cargo and family while offering a driving experience that is more civilized than the older version huge truck-based behemoths. In this regard, the 2016 GMC Yukon can be termed as a genuine survivor.
For the 2016 Yukon, GMC has brought in some hardware and technology upgrades. Among these you will get:
- Apple CarPlay
- IntelliLink touchscreen interface
- Lane-keeping assist
- Automatic high-beam headlights
- Hands-free power lift-gate
- Capless fuel filler
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a 2016 GMC Yukon – The Pros
1) Powertrains and Performance
The 2016 Yukon comes with a V8 5.3-liter engine, generating 383 pound-feet of torque and 355 horsepower. Estimated EPA fuel economy is surprisingly low, but for a full-size SUV, this is quite respectable. The maximum towing capacity is 8,400 pounds.
Other features include:
- 8-speed automatic
- Rear-wheel drive
- The optional 4-wheel drive has a 2-speed transfer case
2) Handling and Braking
So long as you don’t confine your Yukon, it can run comfortably, negotiating all manner of winding roads, and to deliver acceptable and reasonable levels of braking and steering feedback.
- The Yukon will give you highway fuel economy statistics that will break the normal 20-mpg barrier.
- While you will not easily forget that you're in fact piloting a 17 feet and 3 tons truck, the Yukon and its Yukon Denali version will continue responding accurately even when pushed.
3) Interior Design
The 2016 GMC Yukon passenger cabin is both high quality and attractive.
- Controls and gauges are easy to access and read.
- The IntelliLink central large display is intuitive and quicker than previously.
The 2016 Yukon cabin is also a beneficiary of a variety of sound-deadening measures giving it a hushed ambiance that you can normally only get in luxury cars.
4) A Nice Blend of Old and New
This big SUV from GMC has retained the classic combination of rugged V8 power and the classic body-on-frame construction.
- It boasts of substantially more ability in towing than most crossovers
- It delivers a higher degree of solidity and burliness
The 2016 Yukon is also providing seating for nine passengers, something that even a standard minivan may not cope with or offer.
5) Seating Arrangements
Seats upfront are supportive and comfortable. The decision to install bucket seats or the up-front40/20/40-split bench plus the standard 2nd-row bench offers a rare seating flexibility not common today. Additionally, the power-releasing 2nd-row seats have made getting in or out from the 3rd-row seat a bit easier.
6) Cargo Carrying
The 3rd row's ability to foldup into the vehicle’s floor is a certainly a marked improvement when contrasted against previous generation Yukon’s. This has boosted the aspect of cargo carrying greatly as now you don’t have to wrestle the 3rd-row seats in and out.
7) Safety Ratings
The Yukon has attained commendable ratings from the NHTSA for high levels of safety.
- 4 out of the maximum 5-star rating regarding overall performance.
- For total frontal-impact protection, it got five stars
- 5 for side-impact protection
The available safety equipment on the 2016 GMC Yukon includes:
- Total frontal-impact protection
- Forward collision alert plus auto-braking
- Lane keeping assist
- Lane-departure warning
- Vibrating safety alert seat
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
8) Infotainment Systems
The infotainment systems from GMC available in the Yukon are appreciated for their ease of use and simplicity.
- Touchscreen is intuitive
- Icons are large icons
- Choosing your preferred menu becomes easy
Similar to the majority of GM vehicles, the new 2016 Yukon now comes with 4G LTE interconnectivity.
9) Driving Impressions
The standard 5.3-liter V8 on the 2016 GMC Yukon is quiet and smooth on the road. Yet it still possesses the punch to haul cargo and people from one point to the next without breaking a sweat. These SUVs versions, despite their large size, are surprisingly quite easy to drive.
10) Recalls and Reliability
Being a new 2016 launch, there is currently no reliability data accessible for this year’s Yukon. Similarly, the vehicle has not yet had any NHTSAsafety recalls.
The warranties for the 2016 GMC Yukon are:
- 3-year bumper to bumper 36,000-mile warranty
- 5-year powertrain 60,000-mile warranty
To avoid overpaying on a new car, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
These free services will offer you the lowest prices and supply you with multiple competing price quotes. You will know the best price before you visit the dealer.
Reasons Not to Buy a 2016 GMC Yukon – The Cons
1) Cramped 3rd Row
Many critics have observed that this is one aspect where the 2016 Yukon has fallen short. That 3rd-row may simply be described as cramped.
- This is because the seat bottom has been placed as close to the car floor as possible.
- Grownups and even bigger kids will find it constricting.
2) Cargo Loading
The new changes in the 2016 Yukon have resulted in a load floor that is substantially higher.
- This has made it challenging for anyone, especially smaller build people, to lift and access a bulky item in the cargo load.
- The maximum capacity for cargo has also suffered.
3) Slow Response to Throttle Inputs
A leading weakness of the 2016 GMC Yukon is that the engine has delayed response to the driver’s throttle inputs. When you step on the gas pedal, you will notice a perceptible hesitation, particularly when you want to accelerate from a standing stop or at highway speeds.
4) Poor Ride Quality
The kind of ride offered by the Yukon’s base suspension is certainly not of the best quality. Even small road imperfections will send shakes and shivers into the Yuko’s cabin as a result of the old-fashioned solid rear axle. When it comes to handling, the Yukon either doesn’t perform like its leading full-size SUV rivals.
How It Stacks Up To the Competition
Auto reviewers have pitted the 2016 GMC Yukon against the 2016 models of the Buick Enclave and the Chevrolet Tahoe.
- Overall rating for the 2016 Yukon is higher than the two modes as it stands at 8.6 while the two jointly stand at 8.4
- Again the Yukon beats the two cars regarding critic’s rating (8.9) while the Tahoe is at 8.8 and the Enclave at 8.6
- The interior rating of the 2016 GMC Yukon ties with that of the Buick Enclave at 8.4, higher than Chevrolet Tahoe’s 8.0
The 2016 GMC Yukon is probably the most cost efficient and affordable 9-passenger automobile available, with extremely competitive configurations. When pitted against its closest competition, you will be getting tremendous value when you opt to go for this model. If you are a shopper that is out for safety, capability, space and value, then your best option would be the 2016 GMC Yukon.