Why Buy a 2016 Kia Sedona?Buying Guide Advice Prices
Blend these awesome attributes together with top-notch government approved safety ratings, and what you have in the 2016 Kia Sedona could just turn out to be among the best minivans that are available today. The 2016 Sedona can seat eight people and is available in L, SX, EX, LX, and SX Limited trims.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a 2016 Kia Sedona – The Pros
Producing an awesome 276 robust horsepower, the V6 Sedona 3.3-liter engine is terrific. Packed, the Sedona will accelerate effortlessly to freeway speed. The vehicle boasts of plenty reserve muscle capable of overtaking, never for a moment feeling weak.
2) Ergonomically Arranged Interior Features
According to auto journalists, the 2016 Kia Sedona interior is luxurious and quiet, with top-notch materials. There are plenty of soft-touch materials, and everything is laid out ergonomically so that you don’t have to search for climate control and radio buttons.
3) Value Based Buy
When you choose this 2016 Sedona crossover SUV, you are getting more for less. This vehicle has been designed by Kia with the goal of bringing to the market something both versatile and premium, which according to reviewers they have succeeded well.
- It is now a solid competitor with more established minivans like the Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey, or the Chrysler Town & Country.
- Whether it is acquired as a value-based 8-sitter family shuttle or in the 7-sitter premium model adorned out in classic leather, wood, and the latest regarding technology, the 2016 Kia Sedona now leads the pack.
4) Great Dashboard Design
All Sedonas from Kia roughly share a similar horizontal dashboard design, which is a major selling point. It boasts upscale materials, buttons and controls shared with other premium products from KIA.
- The infotainment system and dashboard controls are easy to use.
- HVAC and infotainment controls are horizontally arranged and are quite intuitive to use, besides being very appealing.
- The dashboard has clearly marked buttons
- Has a large bright touchscreen for the intuitive UVO infotainment Kia interface.
5) Noise Suppression
In the 2016 Sedona remaking, Kia placed a priority on the aspect of noise suppression, and this has nicely paid off. The new minivan is remarkably quiet, arguably the best and most remarkable trait. At 60mph, the vehicle feels mausoleum-serene such that it is possible to hear a kid in the back 3rd-row seat having an epiphany.
6) Style and Practicability
For those familiar with the blend of practicality and style from Sedona, you know you are getting the best with the new Sedona.
- You have menu choice trim levels ranging that from L to SXL.
- The prices range is very practical starting at $27,295 for a no options Sedona L to $46,120 for the features bedecked Sedona SXL.
Test drivers have reported that the 3rd and 2nd-row seats can be adjusted for carrying cargo, and similar to a minivan, you have plenty of cargo room as the seats easily fold away.
8) Seating Capacity
The 2016 Kia Sedona seats 7 and an available 2nd-row center seat can boost the capacity to 8 whenever required, all with impressive legroom.
9) Safety Ratings
The Sedona has received 5-star ratings in all assessments, together with a rollover resistance 4-star rating. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety gives the Sedona “Good” rating in all crash tests, as well a Basic frontal crash prevention rating.
10) Warranty and Recalls
The 2016 Kia Sedona is brought to you along with a basic 60,000-mile/5-year warranty as well as a powertrain warranty for 10-year/100,000-mile. So far, the Sedona has not had NHTSA safety recalls directed against the Sedona, being a new car.
Reasons Not to Buy a 2016 Kia Sedona – The Cons
1) Driving Dynamics
If a major criticism is to be directed towards the Sedona, it will relate to the steering dynamics. This feels a bit light, and perhaps something could have been done to give it some more feel.
2) Too Much Focus on Appearances
The 2016 Kia Sedona 3rd generation has given too much focus on appearances, neglecting basic tenets of a minivan like family friendliness and comfort. There’s insufficient substance to bring the Sedona up on the ranking list.
3) Lacks Seat Removal
Though the decision to eliminate seats removal was based on feedback from consumers, it cannot be denied that the final cargo volume capacity will be bigger and easier in a van that has no seats, like the Toyota Sienna or even the Honda Odyssey.
44) The Seating
The front and 2nd-row seats are great and comfortable. However, the 3rd row Sedona’s seat lacks cushioning as well as thigh support, a noticeable shortcoming due to potential discomfort.
5) The Handling
Of course, it wouldn’t be sensible to expect something akin to sports-like handling from a van weighing in at 4700-pound. However, major competitors seem to offer more confidence-inspiring and better dynamics than what is being offered by Kia's sloppy body control and limp steering.
6) The Car Weight
Off the line, it becomes clear that this all-boxes-checked SUV crossover's weight is quite noticeable. This is because the engine seems to somehow huff-and-puff a bit prior to getting it up to cruising speed.
How It Stacks Up To The Competition:
The 2016 Kia Sedona may be compared with similar class cars like the 2016 models of Toyota Sienna and the Honda Odyssey.
- The price range of the 2016 Kia Sedona is slightly below what the Honda Odyssey or the Odyssey are going for.
- Safety rating is at 9.7, at par with the Odyssey, but higher than the Sienna at 9.0
- Rating for the 2016 Kia Sedona interior is at 8.4, higher than the Sienna’s 8.3, but lower than the 8.8 of the 2016 Honda Odyssey.
- The 2016 Sedona beats the other two models as it comes with a Universal Garage Door Opener.
- The Sedona has a strikingly attractive interior that is yet thoroughly tasteful, something the two others lack.
- Overall, the 2016 Sedona stands at 8.0 compared to 8.9 for the Honda and 8.6 for the Toyota Sienna.
Don’t let what the marketers are doing regarding giveaways and discounts for a moment convince you into thinking that the new Kia Sedona simply amounts to nothing much more than some distressed auto merchandise.
The 2016 Kia Sedona got the potential of resolving those household conflicts over whether to go for practicality or the youthful desire of projecting a more carefree image to a watching world. The new 2016 model is blending the minivan utility with the modern design details of an SUV crossover. Nothing in that price range can defeat what the Kia model is offering today.