Why Buy a 2016 Lexus CT 200h?Buying Guide • Advice • Prices
The 2016 CT 200h is still standing alone as a luxury compact luxury hatchback running a standard electric/gasoline hybrid powertrain. For 2016, changes made on the CT 200h are largely limited to infotainment upgrades.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a 2016 Lexus CT 200h – The Pros
1) Powertrains and Performance
The 2016 Lexus CT 200h power comes from a 4-cylinder 1.8-liter gasoline engine that has been mated to a battery pack made from nickel-metal hydride and a pair of electric generators/motors.
- Fuel economy is one area where 2016 Lexus 200h really shines.
- It checks in at a commendable EPA-estimate of 42 mpg combined.
2) Acceleration and Power
Reviewers think the car performs fairly well. There is plenty of power in most of the driving situations.Test drivers are very impressed with the sharp and poised handling upon acceleration that also gives sharp steering.
3) Handling and Braking
For a hybrid car, the Lexus CT 200h handles quite respectably. A number of test drivers have noted that in the CT 200h Sport mode you will get a rapid throttle response.
- The steering is remarkably precise.
- With the CT’s standard suspension, the quality of the ride quality is decent enough.
4) Driving Impressions
The hardware of the 2016 Lexus CT 200h performs admirably. Compared to the majority of hybrids, it feels relatively agile.
- Drivers think that with the standard car underpinnings, ride quality is fairly good
- The repeated cycling that takes place between the electric motor and the gasoline engine is so smooth that you may not even notice it.
5) Fuel Economy
The CT 200h’ fuel economy ratings are impressive. The Lexus CT is also known for keeping cost per mile low through the usage of regular unleaded fuel. As a matter of fact, it is not easy to find the same fuel cost per mile of the 2016 Lexus CT on another version of a premium vehicle.
6) The CT 200h's Cabin
The interior of the 2016 Lexus CT 200h, according to a number of auto writers is built using top-notch materials.
- They have looked at everything that the CT cabin offers and agree that the materials quality is outstanding for this range of car price.
- The crisp and sharp electroluminescent gauges of the CT exude an attitude that is similarly premium.
7) Lexus Infotainment System
The infotainment system in this car utilizes a special mouse-like interface known as Remote Touch. Auto journalists think it's a very cool and clever system.
- It is mounted on the vehicle’s center console.
- A joystick-like control is used for moving a cursor on your screen.
- It provides 'haptic feedback' when you mouse above the different controls.
The 2016 Lexus CT Hybrid has been designed to seat 5. Reviewers are in agreement that the car’s front seats are quite comfortable, and they provide plenty of support when you want to engage in some spirited driving.
9) Safety Ratings
The CT 200h has been awarded the highest possible Top Safety Pick Plus rating by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- The car has received a “Good” score on all crash tests.
- It's not easy to get a green car at a price matching the safety ratings of the 2016 CT.
10) Reliability and Recalls
Being a 2016 model, there is of now no reliability data regarding this vehicle and neither has there been any NHTSA safety recalls.
- The 2016 CT Hybrid is packaged with a basic warranty for 4-year/50,000-mile
- A powertrain 6-year/70,000-mile warranty
- Hybrid parts get coverage by a100,000-mile/8-year/ warranty.
To avoid overpaying on a new car, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
These free services will offer you the lowest prices and supply you with multiple competing price quotes. You will know the best price before you visit the dealer.
Reasons Not to Buy a 2016 Lexus CT 200h – The Cons
1) Below Par Performance
Critics have expressed their disappointment with the poor acceleration and weak engine of the Lexus CT Hybrid. Some have also noted its slow response. Most of its rivals handle better and are quicker.
2) Inconsistent Brakes
Several test drivers have reported that the 2016 Lexus CT 200h steering and handling comes at the cost of having a firmer ride. The brakes also feel somewhat inconsistent perhaps due to the efforts made into making the regenerative anchors of the hybrid to behave more like a sports vehicle.
3) Standard Interior Materials
Some reviewers have reported that the cabin materials of the CT Hybrid aren’t up to the class and standard normally seen in other models of Lexus. They say the cabin is really a smattering of some low-rent materials, perhaps a concession due to the relatively low price of the car.
4) Limited Cargo Space
A few auto journalists have complained that the 2016 CT 200h’s high cargo floor somehow limits your ability to store tall items.
- For small items for your everyday use, storage space is limited to front door pockets and a rather smallish glove box.
- Behind the rear seats, the 14.3 cf of luggage space is small by the standards of a normal hatchback.
5) Insufficient Legroom
It has been noted by auto reviewers that the back-seat legroom is deficient.
- Because this is a luxury car one cannot be forgiven for overlooking the CT 200h’s cramped rear quarters.
- If you have 6-footer driving the car, it will be quite challenging to squeeze a grown up behind him or her with any degree of comfort.
How it stacks up to the competition:
The 2016 Lexus CT 200h has been compared with the 2016 models of Mercedes-Benz C-Class and the Lexus RC.
- At $31,250, the MRSP for the Lexus CT 200h is lower than that of the Benz ($38,950) and the Lexus RC ($42,790)
- Safety rating ties at 10.0 with the Lexus RC, higher than that of the Merc at 8.9
- The CT 200h beats the two cars as it comes with Remote Engine Start, something which they lack.
- This car has Front Wheel Drive something lacking in the Benz and Lexus RC.
The 2016 version of the Lexus CT 200h is a choice premium-brand hybrid luxury car of distinctive qualities. Credit goes to its moderately sporty handling, versatility, upscale ambiance, high fuel economy, and the stylish hatchback body.
Although competing automakers are beginning to put up a spirited fight, the Lexus CT 200h has maintained its position as a quality compact 2016 luxury hatchback with great buyer value. If you are a buyer looking for a classy and premium compact car that offers affordability, top-notch safety and value, then you ought to give the 2016 Lexus 200h some serious consideration.