2016 Nissan 370Z Pros vs Cons. Should You Buy?
The 2016 Nissan 370Z has seen a number of minor changes. Probably, the most significant modification being a noise-canceling system that has been fitted to the 370Z coupes.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a 2016 Nissan 370Z – The Pros
1) Powertrains and Performance
All the 2016 Nissan 370Z versions, with the exception of the Nismo models get their power from a 3.7-liter V6 engine producing huge 270 pound-feet of torque and 332 horsepower. The 370Z car is going to both impress you on the open road and off the line. It is power packed.
2) Acceleration and Power
According to auto critics, the V6 engine of the Nissan 370Z delivers strong acceleration.
- The powerful 3.7-liter V6 engine stays as a leading gem of the automotive industry, being swift to rev with gutsy torque curve.
- The available manual transmission's SynchroRev Match feature has made downshifting fun.
- The 370Z can accelerate to 60 MPH in approx. 5.5 seconds.
3) Handling and Braking
Auto writers report that on winding roads, the 2016 Nissan 370Z has excellent athletic handling.
- It has sharp steering
- Has abundant grip
- The car has strong brakes.
4) The Interior/Cabin
Available now for the 2016 Nissan is active noise-cancellation technology.
- According to test drivers, this assists in keeping the cabin interior quiet without having to add padding materials for heavy sound-deadening.
- This fits well with the quality feel and upscale materials of the 2016 Nissan 370Z.
- Overall, the cabin of the 370Z has a befittingly very sporty vibe.
5) Dashboard Features
Most auto reviewers agree that the 2016 Nissan 370Z dashboard controls are easy to locate as you drive and quite simple to operate.
- The control of the dash layout is pleasingly straightforward.
- The available/optional touch-screen navigation system has been praised for its fast processing and the ability to reroute around any major traffic incidents.
This system reacts quickly, stores maps and shows traffic information.
6) Body Styles and Trim Options
The 2016 Nissan 370Z 2-seat sports car can be accessed as a soft-top convertible (Roadster) or hatchback coupe.
The Nissan coupe comes in several trim levels and options:
- Sport and Sport Tech
- Nismo and Nismo Tech
The 370Z Roadster is available in base, Touring as well as in Touring Sport trims.
The 370Z's cabin is sufficiently big for taller drivers. The positioning of the steering wheel and the driver’s seat makes for an excellent driving position.
- The touring models of the 2016 Nissan 370Z come with heated seats.
- The seats are power-adjustable.
- Seats are made of leather.
- NISMO models have leather Recaro seats.
- The 370Z Roadster has ventilated seats available.
8) Driving Impressions
Clearly, the Nissan 370Z is designed for road enthusiasts. Specifically, the manual transmission’s SynchroRev Match mode is a delight for any enthusiast. It makes you feel like one of those professional auto racers.
- The car’s steering is ultra-responsive.
- Even in sharp high-speed corners, the body remains flat.
Each of the 2016 Nissan 370Zs comes with traction & stability control, side airbags, and antilock brakes.
- The coupe version additionally gets side curtain airbags.
- The side airbags of the Roadster extend upward to offer head protection.
- A rearview camera comes standard for the coupe's Sport Tech and Nismo Tech trims, Touring.
- The 370Z Sport Touring and Roadster's Touring trims also have as standard the rearview camera.
10) 370Z Recalls and Reliability
The 370Z has not experienced NHTSA recalls due to safety issues. As of now, there is no data on the 370z reliability.
- The Nissan 370Z comes to you with a 36,000-mile 3-year vehicle warranty.
Reasons Not to Buy a 2016 Nissan 370Z – The Cons
1) Ride not too Strong
Some automotive journalists have written that the 370Z doesn't come out feel like some of the rival V8 engines in sports cars. The ride has been seen as not being too firm, a common challenge in other sports cars too.
2) Interior Materials
Some reviewers think the materials in the 370Z which are a blend of padded and plastic surfaces are premium, although a couple deems them rather mediocre. Overall, the interior materials are somewhat pedestrian.
3) Cargo Capacity
Test drivers feel that the 370Z lacks much storage space in the cabin.
- Although there are a couple of hidden bins located behind the seats, the storage is still meager, even with a center console and a small glove box.
- You get precious limited storage space even for small everyday items.
- The bulkhead space between the cargo area and the seatbacks creates a particularly closed-in feeling.
4) Limited Visibility
Some automotive reviewers have reported that the visibility has been limited as a result of the small windows of the 2016 Nissan 370Z, although that is typically a common problem in most sports cars.
How It Stacks Up To The Competition:
Auto reviewers have pitted the Nissan 370Z against the Chevrolet Camaro and the Mazda MX-5 Miata 2016 models.
- In terms of performance, at 8.6, the 2016 Nissan 370Z compares favorably with the 2016 Chevy Camaro’s 8.8, though slightly below the 9.3 rating for the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata.
- Interior rating stands at 7.2 against the 7.6 for the Camaro and 7.8 for the Miata.
- Unlike the two other makes, the Nissan comes with a Driver Illuminated Vanity Mirror
- Other features you will not find in either the Camaro or the Miata are Compact Spare Tire and Universal Garage Door Opener, but the 370Z has them.
The latest Nissan 370Z generation made its debut during the 2009 model year, which makes it one of the most enduring models on the auto market. The 2016 Nissan 370Z remains a top-tier road athlete that is relatively affordable with plenty of value to be found in it.
The 370Z from Nissan remains a cost-effective alternative to the traditional Euro-dominated roadsters and sports coupes that have been catering to the very well-heeled US residents. Of course, whether the 2016 Nissan makes for a smart buy will depend largely on your individual priorities. Nevertheless, if what you seek is some comparatively cost effective driving fun, then this midsize road commuter remains a clear front runner.