Why Buy a 2017 Toyota Land CruiserShould you buy? Find out below..
What’s new for 2017?
For the 2017 model year, the Land Cruiser remains unchanged.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser – The Pros
1. Smooth & Quiet Ride
The 2017 Land Cruiser promises to offer a smooth ride. A heavy-duty suspension effectively keeps road vibrations from entering the cabin. Because of its overall comfort, the Land Cruiser is great for the families who love to take long road trips. Everyone will appreciate the cabin’s quietness. Small children are destined to fall asleep quickly.
2. Strong Performance
Under the hood of the 2017 Land Cruiser sits a muscular V-8 engine. Over the years, this engine has developed a reputation for being extremely durable. Toyota tuned it to pump out a potent 381 horsepower and 401 pound-feet of torque. The engine’s quiet rumble enhances the SUV’s driving experience. Last year, a new eight-speed automatic transmission was introduced.
3. Capable Towing Machine
Like a full-size pickup truck, the 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser is designed with a sturdy frame. This is a key benefit for the drivers who need to attach a trailer. With a towing capacity of more than 8,000 pounds, the SUV proves to be an extremely versatile driving machine. It can pull a small boat or a pair of ATVs with no trouble.
4. Rugged Design
The 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser is an impressive off-road performer. It comes standard with a special Kinetic Dynamic suspension and a rugged 4WD system. A Multi-Terrain Select feature allows you to adjust the SUV’s traction to match the specific road surface. Even when traveling through thick mud and sand, the big SUV keeps churning.
5. Multi-Purpose Cabin
Up to eight people can climb aboard the 2017 Land Cruiser. When not hauling passengers around, the SUV transforms into a spacious cargo hauler. By folding down all of the rear seats, you can expand its storage capacity to a whopping 82 cubic feet. From furniture to camping gear, you will be able to transport a lot of extra stuff.
6. Easy-to-Use Technologies
Some modern vehicles feature a lot of complicated technologies. Luckily, that is not the case with the 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser. Toyota’s Entune infotainment system proves to be remarkably easy to use. You can quickly locate your favorite apps with no hassle. You will also like the center stack’s simple climate controls. The SUV’s user-friendly components make it especially enjoyable to drive.
7. Classic Styling
Over the years, the Land Cruiser has only received minor styling tweaks. There are plenty of drivers who will like its classic design. A muscular hood and a refined grille help give it a brawny appearance. Nice touches, such as the rear spoiler, subtly enhance the SUV’s curb appeal. Some of the available exterior colors include Blue Onyx, Midnight Black, and Magnetic Gray.
8. Comes Loaded
The 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser does not offer any optional equipment. However, it does come loaded with a bunch of premium components. Featuring wireless headphones and two display screens, the rear-seat entertainment system will help keep youngsters satisfied. Smartphone users can take advantage of the wireless charger. Some of the other goodies consist of ventilated front seats, heated second-row seats, and a powerful JBL sound system.
9. Great Winter Vehicle
If you live in an area that tends to have a lot of snowfall, the new Toyota Land Cruiser will be a solid choice. Its extra ground clearance comes in handy when traveling on a wintry day. You can always depend on the SUV’s 4WD system to get the job done.
10. Modern Safety TechnologiesThe Land Cruiser’s standard safety technologies should keep most drivers happy. A surround-view camera helps drivers to navigate the big SUV around obstacles. Meanwhile, blind-spot monitoring lowers your stress levels when driving on a busy highway. You will also benefit from adaptive cruise control and automatic braking technology. Safety Connect provides drivers with around-the-clock emergency assistance.
Reasons Not to Buy a 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser – The Cons
1. Thirsty for Fuel
Don't expect the Toyota Land Cruiser to be easy on gas. The EPA rates it at only 13 mpg in the city and 18 mpg on the highway. However, its fuel economy will likely drop even more when towing a load. A three-row crossover may prove to be a more fuel-efficient option.
2. Lack of Room in its Third-Row Seat
The SUV's third-row seat does not offer very much legroom. Most adults will eventually begin to feel cramped. This is especially true when traveling for a long distance. It is most suitable for small children.
3. Expensive Price
If you are interested in the new Toyota Land Cruiser, be prepared to shell out a lot of cash. Its MSRP stands at an expensive $84,300. Although the SUV does come loaded with a surplus of features, some car shoppers may not be willing to invest that much money.
Toyota designed this full-size SUV to be a multi-purpose automobile. It can tackle an off-road trail while still hauling your family around in luxury. A 8,100-pound towing capacity further enhances the 2017 model's versatility. The SUV's updated transmission makes it more rewarding to drive than ever before.
• 2017 Toyota 86 Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Toyota Avalon Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Toyota Camry Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Toyota Camry Hybrid Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Toyota Corolla Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Toyota Corolla iM Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Toyota Highlander Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Pros Cons
• 2017 Toyota Landcruiser Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Toyota Prius Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Toyota Prius Prime Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Toyota Prius V Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Toyota Rav4 Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Toyota Sequoia Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Toyota Sienna Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Toyota Tacoma Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Toyota Tundra Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Toyota Yaris Pros vs Cons
• 2017 Toyota Yaris iA Pros vs Cons
• Why buy a 2016 Toyota Land Cruiser? w/ pros vs cons.