2018 Audi S8 Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
To avoid overpaying on a new Audi S8, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
Available package upgrades include:
• The Driver Assistance package, which adds adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go functionality, active lane-keeping assist, and a more advanced collision mitigation system than the base version.
• The Full Leather package, which extends the amount of surface area wrapped in leather.
• The Audi Design package, which includes the Full Leather package, in addition to adding wood and carbon fiber accents.
• The Dynamic package makes the S8 Plus model even more sporty. By adding this package, the top speed increases to 190 miles per hour, adds a carbon fiber rear-lip spoiler, a sports exhaust, and also adds lightweight ceramic-brake rotors.
• The Black Optic package replaces the base model’s side view mirrors with carbon versions and adds exterior, glossy black, accents.
Individual component upgrades include:
• The option to choose different wheel designs.
• The available option to add a rear-seat entertainment system featuring dual screens.
• The ability to add the night-vision assist option with both pedestrian and animal detection capabilities.
• The option to upgrade the sedan’s base audio system with a 1,400 watt, 19 speaker Bang & Olufsen surround sound setup.
Although there are the aforementioned upgrade options available for the 2017 Audi S8 Plus, the standard options for this sporty, luxury sedan are quite generous. They include:
• Twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V8, which produces 605 horsepower total and 517 pound-feet of torque.
• An eight-speed automatic transmission, which transfers power to all four wheels utilizing Audi’s Quattro all-wheel-drive technology.
• An adjustable suspension complete with adaptive dampers, air springs, especially calibrated sports steering, as well as a torque vectoring rear-differential.
• 21-inch alloy wheels complete with high-performance tires are standard.
• Audi Drive Select is standard with different, selectable drive modes that adjust calibrations for throttle, transmission, steering assist, and suspension.
• Automatic high-beam control comes standard with this sedan.
• Fully surround-view parking camera system complete with a collision mitigation system, blind spot monitors, and both rear and front parking sensors.
• Headlights, taillights, fog lights, and turn signal lighting all utilize LED technology.
• A sunroof comes standard.
• Power-folding and auto-dimming mirrors are also standard features.
• The lid to the trunk is powered by default and the top of the trunk lid includes a lip spoiler.
• Automatic windshield wipers and headlights also come standard.
• Doors are soft-close and powered in the standard version.
• Keyless entry and ignition are standard features.
• Four-zone automatic climate control is standard.
• The leather upholstery is diamond-stitched as a standard feature.
• The 22-way power-adjustable front seats include massage, heating, and ventilation functions.
• A power telescoping-and-tilt steering wheel is also standard.
• Power-rear side and power-rear window sunshades are standard.
• Also standard is the infotainment system, which includes navigation, as well as voice-recognition and handwriting-recognition capabilities.
• The standard audio system is a 630 watt, 14 speaker Bose system, with an audio CD and DVD player, capable of receiving both HD radio and satellite transmissions, in addition to being Bluetooth technology compatible.
• Finally, the 2017 Audi S8 Plus comes standard with Audi Connect. This adds mobile WiFi connectivity and enhanced web-based navigation.
• Fuel economy for this sporty, luxury sedan is 15-miles per gallon in the city and 25-miles per gallon on the highway.
With a MSRP of $131,500, the 2017 Audi S8 Plus is not for those on a tight budget, but considering that it will outrun a Corvette and happens to be a very spacious and luxurious sedan overall with many modern day amenities if you can afford one, it is well worth the consideration.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Audi S8 invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All Audi S8 MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.