2018, 2019 Buick Regal Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
To avoid overpaying on a new Buick Regal, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
• Buick Enclave Prices
• Buick Encore Invoice Prices
• Buick Envision Prices
• Buick Lacrosse Invoice Prices
• Buick Regal Invoice Prices
• Buick Verano Invoice Prices
What’s New for 2018?
The 2018 Buick Regal has received a complete overhaul. As expected, several new features are found on the 2018 model. You also have access to an all-new V6 engine. Of course, Longtime Buick fans will immediately notice the car’s different appearance.
What Styles Does It Come In?
When shopping for a new 2018 Buick Regal, you will have two different body styles to choose from. While the Sportback version is a sleek sedan that features a versatile hatchback design, the TourX wagon is a great alternative to a modern crossover. Front-wheel drive comes standard. Meanwhile, drivers who expect to travel in snowy weather will need Buick’s optional AWD system.
What Are the Available Trims?
- The base sedan and the wagon come loaded with a similar list of features. Unlike most of the other cars in its price class, the 2018 Buick Regal boasts a standard 4G Wi-Fi hot spot. A backup camera and Bluetooth technology come standard as well. Under the hood sits a turbocharged four-cylinder engine, which produces a fulfilling 250 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque.
- Stepping up to the Preferred trim gives you access to a greater number of high-tech goodies. Buick’s upgraded IntelliLink infotainment system is among the most exciting upgrades available. You can also take advantage of the optional Bose sound system and remote start. Buick allows you to upgrade the Regal with a Driver Confidence safety package, which includes blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert.
- The Essence trim is for the folks who demand a top-tier level of luxury. Heated leather seats and a dual-zone climate control system are two of the most notable upgrades. Safety technologies, such as automatic emergency braking and lane-keep assist, are available as well.
- For the drivers seeking pure performance, Buick offers the exciting Regal GS sedan. Its muscular V6 engine pushes out a formidable 310 horsepower and 282 pound-feet of torque. Along with the enhanced power comes a stiffer suspension, which aids handling.
In comparison to the previous generation, the all-new 2018 Buick Regal feels more engaging to drive. A roomier backseat also makes it a better option for the drivers who need to haul around their family. Comfort is certainly a strong point for the new Regal. To truly have a blast on the road, get behind the wheel of the powerful Regal GS. Its V6 engine is a true gem.
Is It Good on Gas?
According to the EPA, the front-wheel-drive Regal will return around 22 mpg in town and 32 mpg on the highway. Adding the available AWD system lowers your fuel economy to 21 mpg in urban areas and 29 mpg on the open road. Expect the heavier wagon body style to be just a tad less efficient.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Buick Regal invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All Buick Regal MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.