2017, 2018 Buick Regal Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
To avoid overpaying on a new Buick Regal, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
• Buick Enclave Prices
• Buick Encore Invoice Prices
• Buick Envision Prices
• Buick Lacrosse Invoice Prices
• Buick Regal Invoice Prices
• Buick Verano Invoice Prices
With the Regal set to undergo a full redesign next year, the 2017 model is mostly unchanged from the previous year’s edition. This doesn’t mean the 2017 looks or feels old-fashioned, however. On the contrary, the vehicle's lean, contoured shape and modern suite of features are some of the best reasons to recommend the 2017 Regal.
The 2017’s sleek exterior immediately catches the eye. It carries hints of Buick’s traditional, iconic past and combines them with the aggressive, nimble-looking style cues of modern sports sedans. The understated silver trim along the headlights and door handles completes the Regal’s sharp look.
Inside, the 2017 Buick Regal has a number of good features. Its dashboard is attractive and avoids unnecessary clutter, and its front seats are quite comfortable. It features a standard 8-inch touchscreen in the center console, which is equipped with an easy to use IntelliLink infotainment system. The rear seats are somewhat on the small side, but only the tallest of passengers will notice any problems.
The 2017 Buick Regal come in four available trim packages.
• The base 1SV package has 18-inch alloy wheels, as well as keyless entry, leather seats and more. Many of these features would be expensive options on other vehicles in this class, but on the 2017 Regal, they are standard.
• The Sport Touring trim package ups the horsepower with a more robust turbocharged engine and a dual exhaust system.
• The Premium II package includes LED headlights and rear parking sensors, as well a convenient remote start system and more.
• The top-of-the-line Regal GS package upgrades to 19-inch wheels, with even larger 20-inch versions optional. It also a sports suspension, uniquely styled front and rear bodywork, and other high-end touches throughout the vehicle.
• All-wheel drive is a standalone option for all four trim packages, and increases the Regal’s acceleration and handling considerably.
The base Regal has a 2.5-liter engine under the hood, but they higher level Regal models upgrade to a turbocharged four-cylinder power plant. This allows the Regal to combine the power of a V6 with the fuel efficiency of a smaller economy-sized engine. This turbo-powered engine sounds great and puts out a strong 259 horsepower and 295 foot-pounds of torque. It does this while achieving a 24 mile per gallon combined fuel economy.
The 2017 Buick Regal earned an overall government safety rating of five stars. It achieved five stars for side impact safety and four stars for front impact safety. In addition, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety gave the Regal its highest rating for various types of impact safety.
With a lower price tag than many other luxury sedans and more available features than most midsize family sedans, the 2017 Buick Regal is a winner.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Buick Regal invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All Buick Regal MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.