2018, 2019 Cadillac XTS Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
To avoid overpaying on a new Cadillac XTS, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
What’s New for the 2018 Model Year?
To give the 2018 Cadillac XTS a more appetizing appearance, Cadillac updated its front-end styling. Meanwhile, the sedan’s re-tuned chassis promotes improved driving dynamics. Cadillac’s tweaked CUE infotainment system is probably the biggest change seen on the 2018 model. It’s far more enjoyable to use than the previous unit.
What Styles Does It Come In?
Designed to compete against cars like the Lexus GS and the Volvo S90, the 2018 Cadillac XTS is a full-size luxury sedan that offers a lot of comfort. It ranks among the roomiest cars in the class. Tall family members will surely like the extra legroom. Optional all-wheel drive makes the XTS a more suitable car for traveling in inclement weather.
What Are the Available Trims?
- Expect even the base 2018 Cadillac XTS to offer a luxurious ride. Adaptive suspension dampers ensure a remarkably soft ride. Some of the standard niceties include leather upholstery, Cadillac’s improved CUE interface, and a 4G Wi-Fi hot spot. A naturally aspirated V6 engine comes standard as well.
- Boasting dual exhaust outlets, the Luxury Collection sits above the base model. Heated/ventilated front seats and rear-seat warmers help reward you with more comfort. Front-wheel-drive models also benefit from an automated parking system. The optional Driver Awareness package provides safety innovations such as forward collision warning and a surround-view parking camera.
- The Premium Collection is even more extravagant. It gives you a 12.3-inch digital gauge cluster and a Bose surround-sound audio system. Adaptive headlights enhance nighttime visibility when venturing off the highway. Automatic braking and intelligent cruise control are optional.
- Choose the V-Sport Premium trim to enjoy a higher degree of performance. It comes equipped with a boosted V6 engine and a limited-slip differential for improved handling. Because the V-Sport Premium is an AWD model, you won’t be able to get automated parking.
- The Platinum Collection is the most lavish version of the XTS. High-grade leather upholstery and 22-way massaging seats highlight this top-of-the-line model.
How Does It Drive?
If you love a plush ride, the 2018 Cadillac XTS will certainly meet your expectations. Whether you are traveling to visit out-of-town family members or enjoying a weekend trip to the mountains, expect the XTS to keep you comfortable. Although the XTS is not engineered to offer a great deal of sportiness, it does feel stable and balanced. A lot of drivers will find the base V6 engine to be a decent performer. With more than 400 horsepower on tap, the optional turbocharged V6 engine gives the XTS more life.
The new Cadillac XTS is not bad on gas. Models equipped with the base engine can return a combined 22 mpg. Meanwhile, the turbocharged XTS V-Sport will deliver a combined 18 mpg. You should also factor in the V-Sport model’s required use of premium fuel.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Cadillac XTS invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All Cadillac XTS MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.