2018 Chevrolet Impala Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost w/ Holdback
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
Chevrolet Impala Prices - How Much is a Chevrolet Impala?
To avoid overpaying on a new Chevrolet Impala, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
What’s New for the 2018 Model?
The current 10th generation Impala debuted in 2014, and has seen small additions of new technology or features every year. This year, the Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system with its 8.0-inch touchscreen and rearview camera becomes a standard feature on all Impala models, adding to the value of the lower-end trims like the LS and LT. The base LS also gets the same cloth and leatherette upholstery that is standard on the LT as well. On the high-end Premier, new standard features include the premium Bose audio and a wireless electronics charger, raising the value of all Impala models across the board.
Power and Efficiency
One of the major themes of the Chevrolet Impala is its versatility, and the two engines that it offers reflect that well. Both are strong and efficient, leaving buyers with a choice of what they prefer best. The four-cylinder 2.5-liter engine is very capable of propelling the car forward with its 197 horsepower, and manages up to 30 miles per gallon on the highway, easily keeping up in efficiency with many smaller vehicles. The V-6, which is standard on the Premier models and an option on all others, is only slightly less efficient at 28 miles per gallon on the highway. It does add a good amount of kick to the Impala, however, thanks to its 305 horsepower. All models are front-wheel drive and come with a reliable six-speed automatic transmission.
Smooth, Comfortable and Quiet
While drivers may appreciate the strong pull of the Impala’s engines, passengers will appreciate the space and comfort that this vehicle offers. Even base models are nicely trimmed out, with synthetic leather incorporated into the upholstery and a nice variety of quality accent materials spicing up the artful interior design. The five seating positions on the car all offer lots of headroom and legroom, with enough space for the tallest passengers and a large 19 cubic foot trunk for all of their stuff. On the road, the interior of the 2018 Chevrolet Impala is nicely insulated from road bumps by a cushioned suspension and very quiet thanks to the active noise cancellation system and excellent acoustic design, making for a composed ride.
A Variety of Choices
The 2018 Chevrolet Impala comes in three flavors, each of which offers a number of optional packages:
- The base Chevrolet Impala LS is very well equipped for the class, with a standard cloth-and-leatherette upholstery, touchscreen infotainment and backup camera, as well as an option for the more powerful V-6 engine.
- This year, the Impala LT has seen many of its standard features move to the LS model, though it still offers an upgrade in the form of a standard remote starter and dual-zone climate control. Its real value is in its optional packages that include a Leather Package, navigation, advanced driver assistance and more.
- The fully-loaded Impala is the Premium model, which comes standard with almost all features available on the Impala. The only options are a sunroof and a driver assistance package that adds a forward collision warning with automatic braking.
For many drivers, the 2018 Chevrolet Impala is the car that has everything, from efficiency and power to modern technology, comfort and safety innovations. Take a test-drive in a new Impala today!
How to Calculate The Dealer Cost of a Chevrolet Impala
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Chevrolet Impala invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of all the options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here)
Note: All Chevrolet Impala MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.