2017, 2018 Chevrolet Malibu Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost w/ Holdback
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
Chevrolet Malibu Prices - How Much is a Chevrolet Malibu?
To avoid overpaying on a new Chevrolet Malibu, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
The 2017 Chevrolet Malibu is among the top midsize sedans on the market and an excellent all-around vehicle. From an elegant exterior look to solid fuel economy to an enjoyable driving experience, the Malibu offers something for everyone.
The exterior styling of the 2017 Chevrolet Malibu is a far cry from the basic, unexciting models of the past. Its low-sloped front end and sleek lines give the vehicle’s exterior a contemporary, stylish look. Inside, the quiet cabin has plenty of room for both driver and passengers.
The Malibu drives great, and not just for a family sedan. It is light on its feet and handles corners with ease. The vehicle's acceleration is strong and responsive, even in the base L model. It handles short daily commutes as well as highway driving without trouble. Both the normal and the hybrid engines are pleasantly quiet at all RPM levels.
The 2017 Chevrolet Malibu is a top safety pick by the IIHS and has received a five-star rating from federal testers, making it one of the safest sedans available. It features ten airbags and traction control systems to help protect all of its occupants.
The fuel economy of the Malibu is excellent, and not just in the hybrid models. The base 1.5-liter turbocharged engine manages a stellar 36 mpg on the highway and 27 mpg in the city. The hybrid models achieve an even better 43 mpg highway and 43 mpg city.
The 2017 Chevrolet Malibu has four trim levels, along with a separate hybrid model.
• The L is the base model. It has a turbocharged 1.5-liter four cylinder engine that puts out 160 hp.
• The LS model has the same engine and features of the base L model and adds additional features like alloy wheels and a 7-inch touchscreen in the dashboard.
• The LT model adds bigger wheels to the LS, along with power seats and heated mirrors.
• The Premier has a larger and more powerful 2.0-liter engine, a better transmission and a number of luxury features.
• The Hybrid model has a similar array of options to the LT model, and a gas-electric hybrid engine for superior fuel economy.
The Malibu was completely redesigned last year, so there aren’t significant changes to the 2017 model. The automatic transmission in the Premier model has been upgraded to a nine-speed version, however, resulting in smoother shifting and a more consistent powerband. New as well for 2017 is an optional sports package for all trim levels that includes a rear spoiler and 18-inch wheels.
The 2017 Chevrolet Malibu is a superb choice for any driver looking for a quality midsize sedan. It has no real weaknesses, offering above-average quality in nearly every area. Combining exemplary performance with affordable pricing makes the Malibu a winner.
How to Calculate The Dealer Cost of a Chevrolet Malibu
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Chevrolet Malibu invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of all the options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here)
Note: All Chevrolet Malibu MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.