2017 Chrysler 200 Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
To avoid overpaying on a new Chrysler 200, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
The 200 has a well-shaped and stylish exterior. The round, smooth lines and elegant front grill instantly draw the eye, and its long and swooping roofline conveys a sense of speed and maneuverability. Its four doors blend seamlessly into the body, and its 17-inch steel wheels are gorgeous both at rest and in motion.
Inside, the 2017 Chrysler 200 features a modern, elegant cabin. Its sharp black features contrast nicely with its blue piping and the blue glow from its clear and easy-to-read dash display. While its back seat is a bit smaller the some of its rivals, its front row features plenty of head and hip room.
The 2017 200 features two choices of engine:
• The base model comes with a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine, which puts out 184 horsepower and 173 pound-feet of torque.
• The higher-end 200S and 200C packages are equipped with a larger 3.6-liter V6 power plant. The V6 puts out a solid 295 horsepower and 262 foot-pounds of torque, which is among the best in the mid-sized sedan vehicle class.
The 2017 Chrysler 200 received a five-star rating in overall, side, and front impact protection. In addition, it was named an IIHS Top Safety Pick Plus.
The Chrysler 200 is mostly unchanged for the 2017 model year, but it does now come with a number of new trim packages, giving drivers more options than ever to customize their vehicle. Each of these trim packages can be further personalized with numerous stand-alone options.
• The base LX package adds more great features, such as keyless entry and remote start, as well as automatic headlights and more.
• The Touring package switches out the steel wheels from beautiful 17-inch alloys, and also comes with a leather wrapped steering wheel and Chrysler’s Uconnect center console touchscreen.
• The higher end 200S package features more exciting features ranging from a sport-tuned suspension and larger wheels, along with additional exterior and styling options. It also has additional optional feature unavailable on lower trim packages, such as a panoramic sunroof and heated, ventilated seats.
• The top-of-the-line 200C Platinum trim package comes with full leather seating, 19-inch wheels, a 10-speaker sound system, and many more luxury features.
The 2017 200 achieves decent, but not outstanding, fuel economy. The four-cylinder model gets a combined 28 miles per gallon, while the V6 model gets 22 miles per gallon. While it doesn’t have the top fuel economy in its class, the four-cylinder engine especially performs more economically than other available mid-sized sedans.
The 2017 Chrysler 200 offers a pleasant driving experience, accelerating smoothly and handling corners with ease. Along with its sharp exterior styling and its refined interior, this makes the 200 a great choice for those in the market for a mid-sized sedan.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Chrysler 200 invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All Chrysler 200 MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.