2017 FIAT 500L Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
To avoid overpaying on a new FIAT 500L, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
Occupying the middle ground in the company's 500 line of vehicles, the 2017 Fiat 500L is a great all-around vehicle. It is larger and more spacious than the tiny 500 hatchbacks, and more agile and compact than the full crossover 500x. It is an attractive automobile with tons of features and versatility.
New for 2017
For the 2017 model year, Fiat has made a number of minor changes to the design of the 500L. They have streamlined the available trim level, going from five down to three, and updated the transmission. Gone are the manual and five-speed automatic transmissions of last year, replaced by a new, smooth shifting six-speed automatic.
The 2017 Fiat 500L has some great aspects to recommend it to potential buyers. It is a great four-door compact wagon, loaded with the Italian style with which Fiat has long been associated. This starts with its exterior design. The 500L has a smooth, seamless front end the segues elegantly to a low, sleek roofline and an attractive rear hatch. Its front head and fog lights are integrated well into the body, as are the door handles and wheel wells.
Inside, the 500L has a spacious cabin with large doors for easy entry and exit, and comfortable seats that fit five occupants with ease. The dash is attractive and well laid-out, and the 500L's wide windows lend themselves to excellent driver visibility. Both of the 500L's available touchscreen infotainment systems look nice and offer tons of functionality.
Under the hood, the 2017 Fiat 500L sports a turbocharged four-cylinder engine sized at 1.4-liters. This powerplant delivers a solid 160 horsepower and 184 pound-feet of torque. Combined with the new six-speed automatic transmission, the 500L delivers excellent, responsive acceleration that drivers will love. It also has very good fuel economy, rated at a 25 combined mpg.
Trim Levels and Options
The 2017 500L comes in three available trim options: Pop, Trekking, and Lounge
• The Pop trim level is the base model, and has a number of great features like daytime running lights, 16-inch wheels, and a 5-inch touchscreen interface, among others.
• The Trekking trim level, the 500L's midrange option, swaps out the 16-inch wheels for 17-inch ones, and also adds heated leather upholstery and a Beats audio system with a trunk-mounted subwoofer.
• The top-of-the-line Lounge package includes all the options and features included in the Pop and Trekking models. It also boasts chrome side mirrors, painted alloy wheels, and attractive body accents.
• A Premium options bundle is available on all three trim levels and includes a number of useful and luxurious features, from a rear-facing camera to satellite radio and more.
The 2017 Fiat is an attractive compact wagon with a lot to offer. It has style, space, and performance, and its classic Fiat look is instantly recognizable. It has very few downsides, making it a great choice for drivers looking for a compact vehicle.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base FIAT 500L invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All FIAT 500L MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.