2018 GMC Sierra 1500 2WD Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
GMC 1500 2WD Prices - How Much is a Sierra 1500 2WD?
To avoid overpaying on a new GMC Sierra 1500 2WD, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
What’s New for the 2018 Model Year?
The 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 2WD is virtually identical to last year’s model.
What Styles Does It Come In?
The 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 2WD is a full-size pickup that competes against the Ford F-150 and the Toyota Tundra. While the regular cab models offer plenty of space, the crew cab’s six-passenger seating capacity will appeal to families. A double cab Sierra 1500 2WD is available as well.
What Are the Available Trims?
- If you don’t desire a lot of flair, the base Sierra 1500 2WD will get the job done. Although the base model may have a plain appearance, it does come loaded with more features than you may expect. Some of the key components include a 7.0-inch touch screen, a Rear Vision camera, and Bluetooth. Available as an option, the 4G Wi-Fi hot spot is bound to be a hot commodity. A capable V6 engine rests under the hood.
- The mid-level SLE trim gives you access to a more powerful 5.3-liter, V8 engine. You can also outfit the Sierra 1500 SLE with several upgrades, including leather upholstery and wireless smartphone charging. Meanwhile, an available rear locking differential helps enhance traction on slippery terrain.
- Unlike the lower trim levels, the Sierra 1500 SLT can be equipped with GMC’s top-of-the-line V8 engine. It increases the truck’s towing limits to more than 12,000 pounds. Navigation, a seven-speaker Bose sound system, and LED headlamps are all optional.
- The Denali trim allows you to travel in pure luxury. It comes equipped with an adaptive suspension, which aids handling and improves the truck’s ride quality. Heated and cooled seats give its cabin a cozier feeling. You will also notice the Denali model’s unique styling cues.
- Aside from the base 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 2WD, all of the other trims can be equipped with an Enhanced Driver Alert package. Low-speed automatic braking and lane-keep assist come with this package.
How Does It Drive?
The 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 2WD accelerates with ease. Opting for the largest 6.2-liter engine enables you to experience an especially quick performance. Although the Sierra 1500 2WD is easy to drive, it’s not as engaging as the new Ram 1500 or the Ford F-150. Seat comfort is just average. However, very few people will have any complaints about the truck’s spacious interior.
You will like this full-size pickup’s competitive fuel economy. While the base V6 engine delivers a combined 20 mpg, opting for the mid-level V8 engine decreases fuel economy to 18 mpg. However, an exclusive eAssist hybrid package enables even the V8-powered Sierra 1500 to get a combined 20 mpg. Rated to return a combined 17 mpg, the 6.2-liter engine makes the Sierra 1500 a bit thirstier.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base GMC Sierra 1500 2WD invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All GMC Sierra 1500 2WD MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.