2017 GMC Sierra 3500HD 2WD Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
GMC 3500HD 2WD Prices
To avoid overpaying on a new GMC Sierra 3500HD 2WD, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
What’s New for the 2018 Model Year?
For 2018, all trims now come equipped with a Rear Vision backup camera and a 7.0-inch touch screen. This change makes the lowest trim level a lot more satisfying. The standard six-speaker audio system also sounds better than the previous four-speaker unit.
What Styles Does It Come In?
The 2018 GMC Sierra 3500 is a heavy-duty truck that rivals full-size pickups like the Ram 3500 and the Ford F-350 Super Duty. While the regular cab and double cab versions of the Sierra 3500 are popular, the crew cab model’s six-passenger seating will appeal to the drivers who need more space. A 4WD drive system is offered on every trim.
What Are the Available Trims?
How Does It Drive?
- The base 2018 GMC Sierra 3500 is a work truck that doesn’t have a lot of flair. However, it does come loaded with more features than before. Some of the goodies include an Intellilink infotainment system, a backup camera, and Wi-Fi hot spot. Meanwhile, an automatic locking differential helps you to gain better traction in slippery conditions. While a regular V-8 engine comes standard, a high-torque diesel engine is optional.
- A few more conveniences are found on the SLE trim. A remote-locking EZ-Lift and Lower tailgate makes hauling cargo a bit easier. You’ll also benefit from a larger infotainment display.
- Boasting leather upholstery and heated front seats, the SLT trim is another step up the ladder. Workers can take advantage of its 110-volt power outlet. Boasting an off-road suspension and protective skid plates, the All Terrain HD package is available exclusively on the SLT trim.
- To experience the utmost comfort, choose the top-of-the-line Sierra 3500 Denali. Ventilated front seats and a heated steering wheel help you to unwind. Some of the tech found in the Denali trim includes a customizable driver information display, a wireless charger for your smartphone, and a premium Bose sound system.
- To enjoy an added sense of protection on the road, opt for the Driver Alert package. It comes with advanced driving aids like Forward Collision Alert and lane departure warning.
The 2018 GMC Sierra 3500 is obviously a large truck, which can make it more difficult to park. However, it feels like a much smaller pickup on the highway. Drivers like the Sierra 3500’s well-controlled handling and accurate steering. Although the base V-8 engine can handle a sizable load, the turbocharged diesel engine develops a whopping 910 pound-feet of torque. You will be able to confidently tow up to 23,000 pounds.
How’s the Fuel Economy?
Although EPA ratings aren’t available for the 2018 GMC Sierra 3500, you can expect it to sip more fuel than the lighter Sierra 1500. If you stick with the base V-8 engine, you will be able to burn regular unleaded gas.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base GMC Sierra 3500HD 2WD invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All GMC Sierra 3500HD 2WD MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.