2018, 2019 GMC Yukon Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
GMC Yukon Prices - How Much is a GMC Yukon?
To avoid overpaying on a new GMC Yukon, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
What’s New for the 2018 Model Year?
The top-of-the-line Yukon Denali now comes equipped with a new 10-speed automatic gearbox. This advanced transmission is designed to optimize performance. GMC also slightly tweaked the Denali model’s styling by strapping it with a new grille and cool HID headlights.
What Styles Does It Come In?
Like the structurally similar Chevrolet Tahoe, the 2018 GMC Yukon is a full-size SUV that has three rows of seats. While the standard Yukon seats up to eight people, an optional front bench seat allows an extra person to climb aboard. Its truck-based frame comes in handy when towing loads and venturing off-road. A low-range 4WD system is also available as an option.
What Are the Available Trims?
- The base Yukon SLE is a good deal. It comes loaded with attractive features like a 4G Wi-Fi hot spot and a high-quality Bose sound system. GMC’s infotainment system also boasts Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration. If you desire a bit more security on the road, opt for the Enhanced Driver Alert package. A punchy 5.3-liter, V8 engine provides the necessary muscle.
- Unlike the base Yukon, the leather-lined SLT model provides heated/ventilated front seats and a hands-free tailgate. Meanwhile, Side Blind Zone Alert helps you to overcome dangerous blind spots. Adaptive cruise control can be added as well.
- Not only is the range-topping Yukon Denali the most luxurious trim, but it also packs a bit more brawn under the hood. A larger 6.2-liter engine helps this big SUV to accelerate at a quick pace. Adaptive suspension dampers also enable the Yukon Denali to offer a more balanced performance on the road. Some of the other luxurious upgrades include active noise cancellation, a surround-sound system, and navigation.
- Both of the lower trim levels can be equipped with GMC’s HD Trailering package, which benefits from a load-leveling suspension and a trailer brake controller. If you have children, they will certainly be thankful for the optional rear-seat entertainment system.
How Does It Drive?
Don’t expect the 2018 GMC Yukon to be as agile as a three-row crossover. It handles more like a traditional pickup truck. However, the Denali model’s adaptive Magnetic Ride Control suspension does help smooth out its ride. You will also enjoy the bigger V8 engine’s surge of power. If you decide to travel across the country, the Yukon’s pleasing seats will allow you to truly unwind.
How Does It Do On Gas?
Given its large size, the 2018 GMC Yukon is actually decent on gas. When cruising along the interstate, an Active Fuel Management system conserves fuel by shutting down half the engine’s cylinders. Both engines have the ability to return up to 23 mpg on regular unleaded gas. However, the 6.2-liter engine will guzzle more fuel in the city.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base GMC Yukon invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All GMC Yukon MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.