2018 Infiniti Q50 Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
To avoid overpaying on a new Infiniti Q50, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
What’s New for 2018?
Infiniti has slightly modified some of the Q50’s available trims. If you look closely, you will also notice the sedan’s subtle styling updates.
What Styles Does It Come In?
The 2018 Infiniti Q50 is a five-passenger performance sedan that competes against cars like the BMW 3 Series and the Lexus IS. While a lot of driving enthusiasts will like the Q50’s traditional RWD system, Infiniti’s available AWD system will improve traction during adverse road conditions.
What Are the Available Trims?
- Equipped with a turbocharged four-cylinder engine, the affordable Q50 2.0t is a good option for drivers seeking to save some cash. Not only does this model conserve fuel, but it also looks nearly just as eye-catching as the higher trim levels. Some of the noteworthy standard features include LED headlamps, a dual-screen interface, and a rear-view camera. The 2.0t Pure sub-trim adds a larger set of 18-inch wheels and a sunroof.
- The Q50 3.0t’s main upgrade is its boosted V6 engine, which pumps out a more captivating 300 horsepower. Two different sub-trims are available for the Q50 3.0t. While the Lux version adds wood accents on the inside, the leather-laced Q50 2.0t Sport comes equipped with stickier performance tires.
- Atop the performance ladder is the high-powered Red Sport 400 model. Although its engine is similar to that of the 3.0t model, Infiniti tweaked it to unleash a racy 400 horsepower and 350 pound-feet of torque. Aside from its quicker acceleration, the Red Sport 400 model features Infiniti’s adjustable Digital Dynamic Suspension. Quilted leather upholstery also makes the Q50 Red Sport 400 feel a bit more extravagant.
- If you aren’t pleased with the Q50’s standard safety features, you have several optional advanced driving aids to consider. When another motorist is approaching in the next lane, Infiniti’s Blind Spot Intervention system can guide you out of their path. Some of the other amazing safety innovations include Predictive Forward Collision Warning, Distance Control Assist, and Backup Collision Intervention.
- Standalone options include a 16-speaker Bose sound system and a 360-degree parking camera.
How Does It Drive?
You can expect the 2018 Infiniti Q50 to offer ample performance. Although the base engine only produces 208 horsepower, it feels more potent than its actual output. Meanwhile, the Red Sport 400 model is bound to get your blood flowing. It seems the only thing missing from the new Q50’s resume is an optional manual transmission. According to numerous test drivers, the sedan’s seats are extremely pleasant.
How’s the Fuel Economy?
Rated by the EPA to return a combined 25 mpg, the Q50 2.0t will not burn your pockets. Amazingly, the more potent 3.0t model is only a touch less efficient. On the other hand, the muscular Red Sport 400 model can average 22 mpg. The main downside is that all versions of the new 2018 Infiniti Q50 must use premium fuel.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Infiniti Q50 invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All Infiniti Q50 MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.