2017 Jeep Patriot Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost w/ Holdback
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
Jeep Patriot Prices - How Much is a Jeep Patriot?
To avoid overpaying on a new Jeep Patriot, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
What’s New for 2018?
For the 2018 model year, the Jeep Patriot soldiers on unchanged. In fact, Jeep plans to omit the Patriot from its lineup in the near future. Buyers can look forward to receiving some big-time savings.
What Styles Does It Come In?
The 2018 Jeep Patriot is a compact crossover that competes against vehicles like the Subaru Crosstrek and the Mazda CX-3. In terms of appearance, it shares many styling cues with the ultra-rugged Jeep Wrangler. Although the Patriot can seat five people, growing families may desire a bit more room. You can save fuel by sticking with the FWD system, or opt for one of Jeep’s available 4WD systems.
What Are the Available Trims?
- The base 2018 Jeep Patriot Sport has a very simple interior. In fact, it features manual windows and door locks. Air conditioning is another feature that you won’t find on the base model. Luckily you will receive hands-free Bluetooth phone connectivity. A 2.0-liter, four-cylinder engine powers this lightly equipped model. Keep in mind that you can replace the base power source with a larger 2.4-liter engine.
- If you aren’t happy with what the standard Sport model brings to the table, Jeep you can upgrade it with a Sport SE package. It comes equipped with heated rear seats and a more stylish set of 17-inch wheels. You can also take advantage of the 75th Anniversary package. This package features unique styling treatments and remote engine start.
- Boasting powered windows and A/C, the Latitude model feels a lot more modern. It also benefits from reclining rear seats, which enable your family members to experience a more relaxing ride. Featuring flip-down speakers in the back, the optional Boston Acoustics sound system is great for tailgating. Leather upholstery is offered as well.
- Stand-alone options are available for the 2018 Jeep Patriot. Jeep’s touch-screen infotainment system and a backup camera are the most popular upgrades. If you plan to tackle any challenging terrain, the Freedom Drive II Off-Road Group package is a must.
How Does It Drive?
Although the base engine may not cost much money, the optional 2.4-liter engine will deliver a noticeably better performance. However, no version of the 2018 Jeep Patriot feels especially responsive. You can also expect the Patriot to offer so-so handling on the road. Ride comfort is a notch below the competition. The good news is that the Patriot proves to be a solid off-road machine and offers a manual transmission.
How’s the Fuel Economy?
Front-wheel-drive versions of the 2018 Jeep Patriot get the best fuel economy. Both the base engine and the upgraded engine can return a combined 25 mpg. Models equipped with 4WD consume noticeably more fuel.
How to Calculate The Dealer Cost of a Jeep Patriot
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Jeep Patriot invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of all the options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here)
Note: All Jeep Patriot MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.