2019 Mazda Mazda6 Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
Mazda Mazda6 Prices - How Much is a Mazda Mazda6?
To avoid overpaying on a new Mazda Mazda6, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
What’s New on the 2018 Model?
Mazda focused on making the 2018 model a better value. Even the attractively priced base Mazda6 now provides standard blind-spot detection and rear cross-traffic alert. You will be happy to learn that prices remain unchanged. Furthermore, the mid-level Touring trim offers leather upholstery as an option.
What Styles Are Offered?
The 2018 Mazda Mazda6 battles against today’s other midsize family sedans. Although the 2018 Mazda Mazda6 is designed to offer affordability, it has an upscale appearance that draws attention from onlookers. A spacious backseat enables it to comfortably accommodate five passengers. Front-wheel drive comes equipped on every trim.
What Trims Are Available?
- You will hard-pressed finding a sweeter deal than the base Sport model. Its starting price of $22,800 will certainly save you some extra cash. Bluetooth streaming, keyless entry, and blind-spot monitoring all come standard. Power comes from a snappy 2.5-liter, four-cylinder engine. It manages to squeeze out a healthy 184 horsepower. While the standard manual transmission enables you to quickly churn through the gears, the available automatic transmission is just as smooth.
- The mid-level Touring trim also brings plenty of value to the table. A slick set of 19-inch alloy wheels accentuate the Mazda6’s sporty stance. Standard upgrades consist of low-speed automatic braking, a 7.0-inch touch screen, and heated front seats. If music is an important aspect of your daily life, consider opting for the powerful Bose sound system.
- When it comes to overall luxuriousness, the Grand Touring model ranks above the other trims. You will be rewarded with several additional safety innovations, including high-speed emergency braking and lane-keep assist. Optional heated rear seats enable your family and friends to experience more warmth during the winter. This is also the only trim in the lineup that offers regenerative braking technology, which helps conserve a bit of fuel.
How Does It Drive?
The 2018 Mazda Mazda6 proves that you don’t need a lot of power in order to have fun. Its engine is among the most responsive in the segment. When you step on the gas, the sedan quickly gets up to speed. In terms of handling, the Mazda6 takes corners like a true sports sedan. An electronic G-Vectoring Control system helps minimize body roll. You will also enjoy the Mazda6’s driving position, which feels especially sporty.
Does It Offer Competitive Gas Mileage?
Strong fuel economy is a highlight for the new 2018 Mazda Mazda6. While models equipped with a manual transmission will deliver a combined 28 mpg, the automatic Mazda6 can return a combined 29 mpg. Meanwhile, adding the regenerative braking system raises fuel efficiency to a combined 30 mpg. In spite of the engine’s high compression ratio, it still develops full power on regular gasoline.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Mazda Mazda6 invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All Mazda Mazda6 MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.