2017 Mercedes-Benz GLE Class Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
To avoid overpaying on a new Mercedes-Benz GLE Class, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
New For 2017
For the 2017 model year, Mercedes has kept the GLE mostly changed from last year. It does have a few changes to its standard and available features, but any major changes to the vehicle will be held off until at least 2018.
A Versatile Midsize SUV with Luxury and Performance
The GLE class of luxury SUV’s was introduced last year by Mercedes, and one of the hallmarks of the model line was its huge range of options. Starting with its choice of four separate engine configurations, drivers have a wealth of options with which to customize the GLE to their individual needs. Of course, whatever options are chosen, the GLE Still delivers luxury, comfort, and performance in equal measure.
For 2017, there are 4 engine choices for the Mercedes GLE, ranging from a fuel efficient 3.0-liter turbocharged hybrid engine all the way up to a 5.5-liter turbo V8 behemoth in the high-end AMG trim model. All of the models offer a good blend of power and efficiency, and with four choices available, drivers can choose the particular version that best fits them.
The design of the 2017 GLE is beautiful both inside and out. The exterior design is one that conveys classic luxury and understated elegance, and the interior is attractive and inviting. The materials quality and construction are excellent. The dash is clean and easy to use, and the center console has tons of features. Comfortable seating for five and a quiet cabin complete the luxurious, pampering interior.
Available Trim Levels and Options
The 2017 GLE comes in five trim levels, and it also has a large number of options packages.
• The GLE350 is the base model and comes with a 3.5-liter V6 engine along with great features like 19-inch wheels and heated front seats. Three levels of Premium options packages are available for the GLE350, adding everything from keyless entry in the Premium 1 package up to automated parking in the Premium 3 package.
• The GLE400 features a peppy and fuel efficient 3.0-liter turbocharged engine, along with everything included in the base model and the Premium 1 package.
• The GLE550e is the plug-in hybrid trim model of the GLE, and it features a fuel-efficient engine that gets an excellent 43 mpg with a full battery charge. This model also features distinctive interior trim.
• The AMG GLE63 and GLE63 S are the twin high-performance, top-of-the-line trim options. Both come with Mercedes’s turbo V8 engine, and they both are extremely quick and fun to drive. The GLE63 S has special interior trims and larger wheels than the GLE63, along with slightly more power.
The 2017 Mercedes GLE is an excellent midsize luxury SUV with tons of options. Drivers will find a lot to like with this great, versatile vehicle.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Mercedes-Benz GLE Class invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All Mercedes-Benz GLE Class MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.