2019 MINI Clubman Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
To avoid overpaying on a new MINI Clubman, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
What’s New for the 2018 Model Year?
Drivers will certainly be thankful for the MINI Clubman’s standard backup camera and parking sensors. Meanwhile, smartphone fanatics now have access to Apple CarPlay.
What Styles Does It Come In?
The 2018 MINI Clubman is a four-door hatchback that goes head-to-head against vehicles like the Volkswagen Golf and the Honda Fit. In terms of size, its cabin provides just enough space for your family to ride comfortably. While the Clubman can handle up to five passengers, it is more appropriate for a family of four. AWD is available as an option.
What Are the Available Trims?
- Although the Cooper sits at the bottom of the lineup, it boasts a lot of standard equipment. Smartphone app integration, a 6.5-inch display, and Bluetooth are all found on the Cooper S. A drive mode system also enables you to fine-tune the hatchback’s level of sportiness. A turbocharged three-cylinder engine separates it from the other trims.
- A lot of drivers will like the additional performance of the Clubman Cooper S. In contrast to the base Cooper, it is powered by a more potent turbocharged four-cylinder engine. This model’s sportier styling will also catch your eye. It comes equipped with dual exhaust tips and a larger set of 17-inch wheels.
- The John Cooper Works trim is the lineup’s powerhouse. A 228-horsepower engine rests under the hood. All-wheel drive and a sports-tuned suspension transform the Clubman into a more responsive performer on the road. A sport steering wheel adds to this trim’s degree of driving excitement.
- Even the base Clubman can be outfitted with a number of cool options. While the Sport package’s adaptive suspension dampers enhance the hatchback’s road manners, the 12-speaker Harman Kardon sound system will attract plenty of music lovers. Optional styling touches, such as hood stripes and special wheels, give the Clubman a custom look.
How Does It Drive?
The 2018 MINI Clubman gets high marks for its lively driving dynamics. Although the base model is a fun performer when paired with a six-speed manual transmission, the Cooper S and John Cooper Works models offer stronger acceleration. One of the Clubman’s best qualities is its well-designed braking system, which gives you more security during emergency situations. While the Clubman’s ride is on the stiff side, it’s not jarring enough to ruin your driving experience.
How’s the Fuel Economy?
Despite needing premium gasoline, the 2018 MINI Clubman is quite good on gas. Expect the less powerful base model to return 24 mpg in town and up to 34 mpg on the highway. Automatic models are slightly less economical. If you step up to the Clubman Cooper S, fuel economy drops to 22 mpg in traffic and 31 mpg on the open road. You won't see much of a difference with the aggressive John Cooper Works model.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base MINI Clubman invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All MINI Clubman MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.