2018 MINI Hardtop Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
To avoid overpaying on a new MINI Hardtop, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
What’s New for the 2018 Model Year?
A standard backup camera and parking sensors help make the 2018 MINI Hardtop a safer automobile. Available with the optional Technology package, the automated parallel-parking system will make life easier for city dwellers. A new fuel gauge also arrives for 2018.
What Styles Does It Come In?
The 2018 MINI Hardtop is a pint-sized hatchback that rivals vehicles such as the Honda Fit and the Ford Fiesta. Although the MINI Hardtop features a backseat, it’s not very spacious. There is also a below-average amount of storage room in the back. A front-wheel-drive setup is found on every trim.
What Are the Available Trims?
- The Cooper trim is not your average base model. It packs nearly just as many standard features as the higher trim levels. Some of the nice touches include a cooled glove compartment, smartphone app integration, and a 6.5-inch display screen. Power comes from a turbocharged three-cylinder engine. While the standard six-speed manual gearbox promotes a sportier driving experience, some drivers may prefer the optional six-speed automatic transmission.
- Equipped with a turbocharged four-cylinder engine, the Cooper S packs a bit more performance. It also looks more aggressive. A center-exit exhaust system and a hood scoop come standard.
- The John Cooper Works model delivers the driving excitement of a true sports car. Its BMW-built engine pumps out an intoxicating 228 horsepower 236 pound-feet of torque. A race-inspired body kit gives the John Cooper Works model a more menacing appearance. If the model’s sports-tuned suspension is too stiff for you, you can replace it with the regular suspension for no extra cost.
- There are a ton of options available for the 2018 MINI Hardtop. While adaptive cruise control makes long drives more relaxing, the dual-pane sunroof brightens up the cabin. You can also outfit the hatchback with a number of custom styling treatments.
How Does It Drive?
This is by far one of the best-handling subcompact cars you’ll run across. Unfortunately, the MINI Hardtop’s agile driving dynamics come at the expense of ride quality. You are likely to feel a lot of vibrations from the road. With a tested 0-60 time of six seconds, the John Cooper Works is definitely quick. Although some drivers will enjoy the MINI Hardtop’s snazzy interior, others will find it to be a bit too cramped.
Before you make a decision on the 2018 MINI Cooper, be aware that all trims must have premium unleaded fuel. The base Cooper model can return a combined 32 mpg. Stepping up the Cooper S model’s 189-horsepower engine lowers fuel economy to a combined 28 mpg. Expect the powerful John Cooper Works model to deliver similar gas mileage.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base MINI Hardtop invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All MINI Hardtop MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.