2018, 2019 Subaru WRX Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost w/ Holdback
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
Subaru WRX Prices - How Much is a Subaru WRX?
To avoid overpaying on a new Subaru WRX, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
What’s New on the 2018 Model?
To give the 2018 Subaru WRX an updated look, a new front fascia was installed. Subaru also revised the sedan’s suspension and steering system to promote improved handling.
What Styles Are Available?
In contrast to previous years, the 2018 Subaru WRX is only offered as a sedan. Despite its compact dimensions, the new WRX has no trouble seating up to five passengers. Subaru’s famous Symmetrical AWD system comes standard throughout the lineup. While a six-speed manual transmission comes standard, you can opt for a performance-tuned CVT on certain trims.
What Trim Levels Does the WRX Come In?
- Priced at a reasonable $27,500, the base WRX is the most affordable trim that you can get. Its turbocharged four-cylinder engine develops a formidable 268 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. Plenty of worthy features come standard, including Subaru’s Starlink infotainment system and a backup camera.
- The Subaru WRX Premium is a notch above the base WRX. It benefits from heated front seats and a larger set of 18-inch wheels. Safety innovations, such as autonomous braking and adaptive cruise control, come with the optional EyeSight package.
- Boasting LED headlamps and leather upholstery, the WRX Limited is a bit more upscale than the lower trim levels. You can also opt for an automatic CVT transmission.
- For the drivers who demand an additional degree of performance, Subaru offers the STI model. Its turbocharged engine develops a stimulating 305 horsepower and 290 pound-feet of torque. Meanwhile, a more aggressive suspension allows the STI model to deliver more assertive handling. On the inside, the WRX STI boasts the same equipment as the Premium trim. Keep in mind that Subaru’s EyeSight Safety package is not available on the STI models.
- The WRX STI Premium benefits from a few upgrades, including a powerful Harman Kardon sound system and blind-spot monitoring.
- There are a few dealer-installed performance goodies available for the 2018 Subaru WRX. A short-throw gear shifter and a free-flowing exhaust are just a few of the available components.
How Does It Drive?
The 2018 Subaru WRX handles the road like a four-door sports car. Although even the base WRX is a blast to drive, the STI model is especially quick and powerful. When launched from a stop, it takes only 4.7 seconds to reach 60 mph. One of the WRX’s highlights is its supportive driver’s seat. It can be easily adjusted to accommodate a wide variety of different-sized people.
WRX owners should be prepared to use premium unleaded gas at all times. To obtain the maximum fuel savings, choose the manual-equipped WRX. It will return a combined 23 mpg. Opting for the CVT lowers the car’s fuel economy to a combined 21 mpg. Meanwhile, you can expect the high-performance WRX STI to return a combined 19 mpg.
How to Calculate The Dealer Cost of a Subaru WRX
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Subaru WRX invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of all the options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here)
Note: All Subaru WRX MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.