2017, 2018 Toyota Avalon Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost w/ Holdback
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
Toyota Avalon Prices - How Much is a Toyota Avalon?
To avoid overpaying on a new Toyota Avalon, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
Features from the 2016 update have been carried over to the 2017 Toyota Avalon. The auto got a redesigned exterior that increased its aerodynamic characteristics. The front grille now has eye-catching chrome accents and a revamped suspension that delivers a comfortable ride for all occupants. Other changes include new turn signals and a revised wheel design. A new XLE-Plus trim level has been added for both the gas and hybrid models.
The biggest change is that the Toyota Safety Sense P (TSS-P) package is now standard equipment instead of optional. With this package all Avalons have forward collision warning, lane-departure warning, automatic high beams, adaptive cruise control, and other advanced safety features. Of particular note is the forward collision warning with pedestrian detection. This new technology alerts the driver that evasive action must be taken. It also uses the automatic brake assist to avoid the pedestrian.
The 2017 Toyota Avalon is a 4-door sedan with front-wheel-drive and a front V6 engine matched with a 6-speed automatic transmission. The gasoline powered Avalon lineup has a 3.5 liter DOCH gas engine; the hybrid version has a 2.5 liter 4-cylinder Atkinson-cycle engine with a 1.6 kWh hydride traction battery and a high-torque electric motor. The V6 can develop 268 hp at 6,200 rpm with torque of 248 lb-ft at 4,700 rpm.
The 2017 Toyota Avalon has 5 trim levels available:
* XLE-- This trim is the base level and comes with 17-inch alloy wheels, heated mirrors, cruise control, leather upholstery, keyless ignition, LED taillights, automatic climate control, leather-wrapped steering wheel, heated front seats, rearview camera, a 7-inch touch screen, Bluetooth phone, and much more.
* XLE Plus-- This trim has everything from the XLE trim plus additional features such as a sunroof and a rearview mirror that is auto-dimming.
* XLE Premium-- Everything on the previous trim levels is on the XLE Premium plus Qi wireless charging, 9-speaker audio system, driver memory settings, navigation, smartphone app integration, rear cross-traffic detection, and blind spot monitoring.
* Touring-- This trim has 18-inch wheels instead of 17-inch wheels, LED headlights, unique interior trim, and a suspension that is sport-tuned.
* Limited-- The top-of-the-line trim level adds automatic wipers, upgraded leather upholstery, heated rear seats, xenon headlights, automatic climate control for 3 zones, power adjustable driver and front passenger seats, ambient cabin lighting, ventilated front seats, rear power sunshade, side mirrors that are auto-dimming with puddle lamps, and Safety Connect.
Those who have taken the 2017 Toyota Avalon for a test drive report back that the ride is smooth, the braking is excellent, and the steering is very responsive. Acceleration is impressive so there will be no problem when passing slower traffic on the highway. The ride is quiet and the roomy, well-designed cabins make driving a real pleasure. The manufacturer reports acceleration from 0 to 60 mph in just 6.7 seconds!
Fuel economy is excellent. The EPA gas mileage is 21 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway for a combined rating of 24 mpg. This is not bad for a luxury automobile.
How to Calculate The Dealer Cost of a Toyota Avalon
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Toyota Avalon invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of all the options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here)
Note: All Toyota Avalon MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.