2017 Toyota RAV4 Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost w/ Holdback
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
Toyota RAV4 Prices - How Much is a Toyota RAV4?
To avoid overpaying on a new Toyota RAV4, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
Changes for the current year include the following:
- New Platinum trim level as the top-of-the-line model.
- The Toyota Safety Sense P is now part of every 2017 Toyota RAV4. This safety suite includes pre-collision braking with pedestrian detection for automatic stops when someone or something appear in front of the vehicle, lane-departure warning for alerts when the vehicle drifts from the current lane, and automatic high-beam headlights that switches high beams to low when they detect the approach of on-coming traffic. Also included is radar-based adaptive cruise control, which keeps the vehicle at the specified speed and distance away from cars in front. When traffic slows down and speeds up, so does the crossover.
- Base prices and destination charges increase on all models.
- The hybrid model gets an SE trim level with a lower price.
The following trims are available:
- LE includes the features you expect on an entry-level trim, such as halogen projector-beam headlights that automatically come on and off, halogen daytime running lights for maintaining visibility even under sunlight, air conditioning with air filter, and a backup camera.
- XLE adds fog lights that are integrated into the front bumper, a cabin air filter matched to the auto dual-zone climate control, a 4.2-inch TFT Multi-Information Display, and a tilt and telescopic steering wheel trimmed in leather.
- XLE Hybrid turns the previous model into a hybrid by including a 194-horsepower 2.5-liter four cylinder using Variable Valve Timing with intelligence, Continuously Variable Transmission, and Electronic On-Demand All-Wheel Drive with intelligence. These changes give the 2017 Toyota RAV4 a Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle designation.
- SE switches the projector-beam headlights and Daytime Running Lights to LEDs. The steering wheel gets paddle shifters while the interior gains a sport shift levers, floor mats, door-sill protectors. The eight-way power-adjustable driver seat is upholstered with durable SofTex®.
- SE Hybrid is the hybrid version of the SE and contains that model's feature save for its hybrid engine.
- Limited increases safety with front and rear parking sonar that warns of any obstacles that can block low-speed maneuvering. It also adds the Entune® App Suite that offers access to useful apps like MovieTickets.com and Facebook Places, leather trim and silver accents on the shift lever, and a memory function to remember settings for the power-adjustable seats.
- Limited Hybrid turns the previous trim into a hybrid version.
- Platinum adds a hands-free foot-activated power liftgate with adjustable height, transforms audio to the Entune™ Premium JBL® system with navigation and app suite, covers the door sill in platinum protectors, illuminates the footwell with ambient lighting, and includes the Smart Key System on all doors.
How to Calculate The Dealer Cost of a Toyota RAV4
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Toyota RAV4 invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of all the options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here)
Note: All Toyota RAV4 MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.