2019 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
To avoid overpaying on a new Volkswagen Jetta Sedan, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
For 2019, the Volkswagen Jetta received a major makeover. Emphasis was not only placed on performance and high-quality construction, but also on convenience and comfort. With impressive technology features, particularly on the upper trims, consumers who go with the 2019 Volkswagen Jetta will be able to stay connected without becoming distracted. Thanks to a turbocharged engine, this vehicle is fun to drive around town and on the highway.
What's New for 2019?
Almost everything feels new about the new 2019 Volkswagen Jetta. It is wider, taller, and longer, giving consumers more room for both passengers and cargo. The instrument cluster is now fully digital on upper trims. Drivers have many more standard and available safety and technology features to consider. Underneath the hood, there is a new 1.4 turbo-four engine that is paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission on all trims but the base S.
Classic and Stylish Exterior
Volkswagen gave the Jetta a little more character moving into 2019. The body is slightly more sculpted. Additionally, the front end was slightly tweaked, giving it a more distinctive look. The somewhat conservative appearance of this vehicle will allow it to appeal to a wide range of consumers but it is far from boring.
High Tech Interior
The 2019 Volkswagen Jetta is full of standard tech features for both convenience and fun. Both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are standard on all trim levels of this vehicle. Even the base infotainment system is impressive and offers drivers the ability to pair it with their smartphone via Bluetooth. The touchscreen is well-designed and easy to use.
Upper trim levels can provide buyers with even more high-tech options. Available features include navigation, 8-speaker Beats Audio sound system, an extra USB port, and an even better infotainment system with an 8-inch screen.
Impressive Fuel Economy
Consumers in the market for a fuel-efficient vehicle that is not a hybrid should check out the new Jetta. It gets an amazing 30 MPG in the city and 40 MPG on the highway. Very few cars can match the 2019 Volkswagen Jetta in this category.
The great fuel economy does not come at the cost of power, however. With its turbocharged engine, drivers get 147-horsepower and plenty of acceleration. The automatic 8-speed transmission comes standard on all trim levels except the base, which also has a manual option.
Easy to Drive
Between the solid output of the engine and the well-designed handling, drivers can relax behind the wheel. The transmission smoothly shifts through gears. While the steering can sometimes feel a bit uncommunicative, it does have a great on-center feel. This really shines when the 2019 Volkswagen Jetta hits the highway. Each trim level of the Jetta is only available as a front-wheel-drive vehicle.
Plenty of Space
With its 14.1 cubic feet of trunk space, the Jetta has plenty of room for both groceries and gear. The trunk opening is wide and the flat load floor makes it easy to get belongings in and out. Those needing more space will find it quite easy to fold down the 60/40 rear seats.
Thanks to the spacious back seat, adults will have no issues riding in the back. There is plenty of room for even big car seats, which can be easily and securely attached thanks to the easy to use LATCH anchors. Unlike other compact cars, the front passengers will not have to have their seats moved up all the way when there are car seats in the back.
Five Well-Equipped Trim Levels
There is a version of the new 2019 Volkswagen Jetta for most budgets and list of needs.
- S: The base level trim has many desirable features, including automatic headlights, LED headlights, taillamps, daytime running lights, and license plate framing. It is eligible to have the Driver's Assistance Package added, which include many active driver assistance features.
- SE: Stepping up to this trim level gets consumers keyless access with push-button start. It also adds a panoramic sunroof as well as a standard Blind Spot Monitor.
- R-Line: This stylish and sporty trim gives drivers two-tone leather seating on the inside and 17" unique wheels on the outside. Foglights become standard on this trim level as well.
- SEL: This is the trim level that adds the premium Beats Audio system. It also adds 10-color ambient lighting to the interior as well as the VW Digital Cockpit.
- SEL Premium: At the very top of the 2019 Volkswagen line is the SEL Premium. This vehicle features leather seating surfaces and 8" touchscreen navigation. It rides on 17" metallic alloy wheels.
Consumers will find the 2019 Volkswagen Jetta to be a great combination of function and fun with just enough power.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Volkswagen Jetta Sedan invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All Volkswagen Jetta Sedan MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.