2014 Buick LaCrosseBuying Guide Review Research
The Top 10 Reasons Why You May want to Buy a 2014 Buick LaCrosse:
Larger sedans are still among the favorites for consumers who have to transport a full load of passengers. Families often look for a full-sized sedan that can compete with the smaller models in terms of fuel efficiency and styling. The 2014 Buick LaCrosse is a model definitely worth considering. It is neatly styled, has plenty of interior space, and comes with the most advanced techno-gadgetry available. It is also one of the safest sedans manufactured and sold in the United States.
What's New For 2014
The 2014 Buick LaCrosse has undergone some striking design changes. The front end has an entirely new grille, fascia, and lighting arrangement. The hood design is also new. The sleek lines are a bit different but still 100 percent Buick. The high-tech stuff has also been updated. There is a new driver alert system, and buyers can now enjoy adaptive cruise control regardless of the trim chosen.
10 Reasons To Buy A 2014 Buick LaCrosse
1) Affordable Elegance. The interior of the 2014 Buick LaCrosse is certainly in the luxury class. The materials are of high quality, and the cabin layout is user-friendly. Plush upholstery and nice color complements are the highlights. All trims come with soft blue ambient lighting that is easy on the eyes. The seats are designed for maximum comfort and are a blessing on long road trips. Buyers have the option of adding heated and ventilated front seats.
2) Very Smooth Ride. The 2014 Buick LaCrosse offers a very comfortable ride for drivers and passengers. The suspension is top-notch, and the vehicle corners without the slightest amount of vibration. The steering is very responsive, and the vehicle has a more than respectable turning radius.
3) Optional AWD. The base trims can be purchased with AWD, which comes standard on the uplevel versions. This is not offered on many competing models, even some of the larger sedans currently on the market. The fuel efficiency for the AWD models is nearly as impressive as for the standard front-wheel drive versions.
4) Comprehensive Infotainment ConsoleBuick has done a bit of tinkering with the center console and instrument cluster. The highlight of the technology array is the new IntelliLink touchscreen interface. The center stack has been rearranged to allow for easier access to the push-button controls. For those who purchase the uplevel trims or special packages, the driver alert systems are included in the center screen console.
5) Long List Of Standard Features. The base trim LaCrosse is loaded with convenience features including an auto-dimming mirror and dual-zone climate control. Also standard is an 8-way power driver's seat, cruise control, and heated mirrors. The exterior LED lighting comes standard on all trims. The uplevel Leather trim comes with foglights, rear park assist, and heated front seats. The luxurious Premium trim includes a 3.6L V6 engine instead of the hybrid engine/electric motor combination. This trim also features a superior suspension system with adaptive shock absorbers, leather and wood accents, and a power sunroof.
6) High-Tech Upgrades Available. The Driver Confidence Package is available on all but the base trim. This upgrade contains a head-up display, driver alert system that includes lane departure warning, forward collision and side blind zone alert, and xenon headlights. There is a premium Driver Confidence Package as well, and buyers who choose this option get a vibrating driver's seat danger warning, adaptive cruise control, and an all-in-one vehicle collision preparation response system.
7) Powerful, Reliable Engine. The base hybrid trims combine a 2.4L, 4-cylinder engine with an electric motor operated by lithium ion battery packs. The total output is certainly respectable, around 182 horsepower. The 2014 Buick LaCrosse is available with a 6-speed automatic transmission. The larger, 3.6L V6 engine provides a total of 303 horsepower, yet is less noisy than what is experienced on many competing models.
8) Excellent Safety And Security Features. The standard list of safety features is the same as on any other Buick vehicle. There are front, front seat, and side-curtain airbags as well as antilock brakes and total traction and stability control. The rear park assist and rearview camera are standard equipment on all but the base version.
9) Hybrid Trim Available. The hybrid version is actually the standard for this model, something Buick might want to advertise more heavily. The base sticker price is quite reasonable considering that hybrids generally cost about $5,000 more than the comparable gasoline or diesel sedans. Not only is this model affordable, it also accelerates faster than nearly all other hybrid models sold in the United States.
10) Good Resale Value. The past few years' models of the LaCrosse have been a reliable indicator of this vehicle's value retention. The 2014 model is expected to have one of the highest resale values in its segment.
Reasons You May Not Want To Buy A 2014 Buick LaCrosse
1) Very Limited Trunk Space. This is a real disappointment considering that the vehicle is targeted toward families. There is just enough room in the cargo area for a couple of small suitcases or duffels.
2) Confusing Instrumentation. Although the center stack is neatly arranged and clearly marked, the driver interface can be difficult to navigate at first and can become a dangerous distraction while on the road. The touchscreen is also slow to respond at times.
3) Similar Models Cost Less. The higher cost is not because of the vehicle being a hybrid, it is due to the long list of standard features, many of which may not be important to buyers. Larger sedans such as the Toyota Camry offer the most appeal in terms of comfort and safety, and they cost far less than the 2014 Buick LaCrosse.
If a good combination of luxury, fuel efficiency, and interior/exterior styling is important, then the 2014 Buick LaCrosse should be one of the models considered. It costs more than most other domestic sedans in its segment, but it comes with plenty of trim options, one of which will probably appeal to the individual buyer. It is also a sure bet that this car will retain its value well, meaning it is a good choice for a purchase as opposed to a lease agreement.