2014 Ford FocusBuying Guide Review Research
The Top 10 Reasons Why You May want to Buy a 2014 Ford Focus:
The Focus Electric model trim has been endowed with cruise control, automatic air conditioning, and an integrated navigation system as standard features with the 2014 roll out. [ For the 2015 model see - Ford Focus Pros and Cons ]
All Focus model trims have received halogen headlights and power side mirrors with an integrated blind-spot feature. Here are ten additional reasons to buy a Ford Focus.
Ten Reasons to Buy a 2014 Ford Focus - the Pros
1. The Ford Focus is the most popular and best-selling automobile in the world, and is hailed as the best in the compact car segment. In addition to an AM/FM radio and CD player, all Focus model trims are endowed with an MP3 decoder, and a radio data system. The hatchback model trims also have steering wheel mounted audio controls, an outside temperature display, and wireless phone connectivity.
2. The Ford Focus is adored for its European-inspired sporty exterior design. The ST model trim has specially designed unique features that include: an ST specific grille design with front fascia, side moldings, a high rear spoiler, dual exhaust tips, and unique ST 18-inch wheels. ST owners are also offered optional HID headlights.
The electric model trim has also been given unique upgrades. It now has an attractive piano-black front grille with chrome accents and automatic on and off headlights with LED accents, along with LED tail lights. In addition, the electric now has a rear spoiler, 17-inch wheels, and an illuminated power-charger on the front fender.
There are an array of optional 16, 17, and 18-inch wheels available for the SE, ST, and Titanium models.
3. The Ford Focus is praised for having a comfortable cabin with comfortable seats.
4. The Ford Focus is endowed with high quality materials and soft-touch surfaces.
5. The Ford Focus has a clean design that puts the driver in the center of the most important features, using a sweeping wrap-around layout.
6. The sedan is appreciated for providing good vision through the front and the rear.
7. One of the most appreciated assets of the Ford Focus is superior handling on the road with great driving dynamics that make this a fun car to drive.
The Titanium trim model has an optional handling package that adds a unique sport-tuned suspension along with 18-inch wheels and high-performance summer tires.
8. The Ford Focus is praised for providing a smooth ride with a great feeling of balance whether driving through curvy landscapes, stop-and-go city traffic, or gliding down the highway. The optional sport-tuned suspension feature enhances the handling capability and brings even more pleasure to the riding experience through fast curves, and in all driving situations.
9. The Focus line delivers good fuel economy, which is boosted to over 40 mpg with the optional Super Fuel Economy package.
10. The Ford Focus is an award winner for safety with seven airbags including a driver's knee airbag, and occupant sensing airbag feature. All trim models are equipped with four-wheel anti-lock brakes with brake assist, driveline traction control, and electronic stability. They are also equipped with front and rear anti-roll bars, and have four-wheel independent suspension.
In addition, the 2014 Focus lineup has ignition disable and a panic button, a low tire pressure warning system, and a rear window defroster. Hatchback model trims are also endowed with perimeter approach lights.
Reasons You May Not Want to Buy a 2014 Ford Focus - the ConsYou may not want to buy a 2014 For Focus if you need to regularly convey a tall person in the rear, as they could possibly feel a bit cramped. Also, some reviewers have complained that the dash and center console have too many buttons and can be confusing. Hatchbacks have also always raised concerns about rear blind-spots, so before you buy, why not check these concerns off your list.
Specifications for the 2014 Ford Focus:
Sedans: $16,810 - $23,565
Hatchbacks: $19,115 - $24,065
Sedans: $15,843 - 21,975
Hatchbacks: $17,824 - $22,441
All Models except the ST and Electric: 2.0 liter I-4
ST: 2.0 EcoBoost with Overboost
Electric: All Electric Powertrain with Lithium-Ion Battery
S and SE: 5-speed Manual with Overdrive
ST: 6-speed Manual
Titanium: 6-speed Automatic with Autoshift
Electric: 1-speed Automatic
All Models: FWD
All Sedans: 160 hp with 146 lb-ft Torque
2014 Ford Edge
2014 Ford Escape
2014 Ford Explorer
2014 Ford F-150
2014 Ford Fiesta
2014 Ford Fusion
2014 Ford Mustang
2014 Ford Taurus
SE and Titanium: 160 hp with 146 lb-ft Torque
ST: 252 hp with 270 lb-ft Torque
Electric: 143 hp with 146 lb-ft Torque
S and SE: 26/36 mpg
Titanium: 27/37 mpg
SE: 26/36 mpg
ST: 23/32 mpg
Titanium: 27/37 mpg
Electric: 110/99 mpg
All Models: 104.3 inches