2017, 2018 Jaguar F-Type Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
To avoid overpaying on a new Jaguar F-Type, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
What's New for 2017?
For 2017 a new entry-level model makes its debut with a manual transmission and lower starting price. It also gains a range-topping 575-hp high-performance SVR trim. A special British Design Edition is also available this year. It has unique features such as high performance brakes, blue accents on the sport seats, and 20 inch alloy wheels.
Styles of the 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE
A luxury sports car, the Jaguar F-TYPE has 2 seats with the option of either convertible or coupe body styles. You can also have the car in all-wheel-drive or rear-wheel-drive configurations. It is available with 2 engines that come in multiple power outputs. It also comes in 5 trim levels.
Trim Levels For The 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE
• The base trim has a number of standard features that include automatic xenon headlights, heated mirrors, 18-inch wheels, automatic wipers, auto-deployed rear spoiler, LED running lights, keyless ignition, and a sport-tuned suspension. Manual transmission versions come with a selectable sport exhaust system. Convertible versions have safety rollover hoops and a three-layer power-folding fabric top. Interior features include power-adjustable seats, automatic climate control, seating surfaces of synthetic suede and leather, auto-dimming rearview mirror, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, interior trim of synthetic leather and textured aluminum, navigation system, 8-inch touchscreen, 12-speaker audio system, USB/iPod input, CD player, Satellite/HD radio, streaming audio and Bluetooth phone. Also included is the Jaguar InControl Apps that lets you use smartphone apps on the touchscreen via the USB port. The apps include emergency telematics, remote control, and infotainment. All of these features are also found on upper trim levels but with additional features.
• The Premium trim has all the features of the base trim plus 14-way power-adjustable seats, adaptive headlights, power-folding mirrors, keyless entry, and a panoramic sunroof on the coupe models. Several packages are available on this trim level that includes features such as heated seats, blind spot monitoring, and front and back park assist. Both the base and Premium models have a V-6 engine with a manual transmission. This engine can develop 340 hp and can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just 5.5 seconds (5.1 seconds with the optional automatic transmission).
• The F-Type S adds configurable ambient lighting, 19-inch wheels, selectable and adaptive suspension dampers, additional body louvers, limited-slip differential, high-performance brakes, and a flat-bottomed steering wheel. This trim also gets a V-6 engine.
• The F-Type R trim has 20-inch wheels, rear parking sensors, a heated steering wheel, active electronic differential, upgraded performance brakes, heated performance seats, contrasting upholstery stitching, and a garage door opener. The convertible version has a wind deflector located between the roll hoops, and the coupe version has a power rear hatch. This trim moves up to a V-8 engine.
• The SVR top-of-the-line trim has an active rear spoiler that is permanent, quilted leather surfaces for the seats, an exhaust system of lightweight titanium, and a synthetic suede headliner.
Fuel Economy / MPG
The 3.0 liter supercharged V-6 on the base trim gets a fuel economy of 20/28 mpg for city/highway driving with the automatic and 16/24 mpg with the manual transmission. The F-Type S with AWD has a 3.0 liter supercharged V-6 has a fuel economy of 19/27 mpg with the automatic and 15/24 mpg with the manual transmission. The F-Type R and SVR with the 5.0 liter supercharged V-8 has a fuel economy of 15/23 mpg.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Jaguar F-Type invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All Jaguar F-Type MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.