2019 Mazda Mazda3 Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
Mazda Mazda3 Prices - How Much is a Mazda Mazda3?
To avoid overpaying on a new Mazda Mazda3, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
What Styles Does It Come In?
The 2018 Mazda Mazda3 is essentially a more compact version of the midsize Mazda6. While the sedan body style is practical, some drivers will prefer the Mazda3 hatchback’s extra storage space. All models are designed to seat up to five people. A front-wheel-drive system comes standard as well. You can enjoy the six-speed manual transmission’s slick shifting or opt for a six-speed automatic transmission.
What Trims Are Available?
- Don’t disregard the base Sport trim. Featuring a 7.0-inch touch screen, the Mazda Connect infotainment system is one of the car’s most attractive standard features. Some of the other equipment includes push-button start, low-speed automatic braking, and Bluetooth integration. Blind-spot detection is included with the optional Preferred Equipment package. Mazda’s 2.0-liter, SkyActiv four-cylinder engine also comes standard. It develops a competitive 155 horsepower and 150 pound-feet of torque.
- The Touring Trim ranks just above the base model. You will be rewarded with convenient features such as heated seats and automatic headlights. An upgraded set of 18-inch alloy wheels add to the Mazda3’s sporty appearance. Like the higher trim levels, the Mazda3 Touring comes strapped with a larger 2.5-liter engine.
- Sitting atop the range is the luxurious Grand Touring model. The Mazda3 Grand Touring’s nine-speaker Bose surround-sound system packs plenty of bass. A digital speedometer further highlights the Grand Touring trim’s lavish interior. On the outside, full LED lighting elevates the sedan’s upscale appearance. You can also take advantage of the optional iActivsense safety package, which adds driving aids like high-speed collision braking and lane departure intervention.
If you appreciate a good-handling car, you are bound to fall for the 2018 Mazda Mazda3. Responsive steering and an athletic suspension enable drivers to experience a strong connection to the road. A composed ride makes the new Mazda3 even more enjoyable to drive. The best part is that even tall drivers can fit inside the Mazda3. While the Sport trim’s engine feels peppy, the larger engine’s 184-horsepower output enables you to have more fun.
Mazda’s SkyActiv engineering helps the 2018 Mazda Mazda3 to perform efficiently. When fitted with an automatic gearbox, the base Sport trim will deliver an EPA-estimated 28 mpg in town and a solid 38 mpg on the highway. Amazingly, the more potent 2.0-liter engine is just as good on gas. Mazda tuned both of the available engines to burn regular unleaded fuel, which further reduces the car’s cost of ownership.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Mazda Mazda3 invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All Mazda Mazda3 MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.