2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
Mazda MX-5 Miata Prices - How Much is a Mazda MX-5 Miata?
To avoid overpaying on a new Mazda MX-5 Miata, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
What’s New for 2018?
To make the 2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata an even better bang for the buck, Mazda now includes a touch-screen infotainment system as a standard feature. The mid-level Club trim also offers a new Recaro seat package. It is important to note that the new MX-5 Miata is slightly more expensive than before.
What Styles Are Available?
The 2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata is a small two-seater. While a soft convertible top comes standard, a retractable hardtop is featured on the RF model. A rear-wheel-drive system is found on every trim in the lineup. While the six-speed manual gearbox offers plenty of excitement, some drivers may prefer the six-speed automatic transmission's easygoing nature.
What Are the Available Trims?
- At the bottom of the lineup is the Sport trim. However, it provides more than enough standard features for most sports car fans. Bluetooth, a push-button ignition, and a 7.0-inch touch screen are just a few of the most notable features. Motivating the 2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata is a quick-revving 2.0-liter, four-cylinder engine. It develops a solid 155 horsepower and 148 pound-feet of torque.
- If you desire sharper handling, step up to the Club trim. Performance goodies, such as the sports-tuned suspension and limited-slip differential, will certainly come in handy on the track. A powerful Brembo brake package is optional. Not only does the Club trim benefit from a more powerful Bose sound system, but it also helps keep you safe by providing blind-spot monitoring and lane departure warning.
- Boasting heated leather seats and navigation, the Grand Touring trim is the most expensive version of the MX-5 Miata. It is also the only trim that comes with adaptive headlights.
On the road, expect the new Mazda MX-5 Miata to impress with its sharp driving dynamics. Its nimble chassis enables you to fly around curvy roads. Although the MX-5 Miata is not the most powerful sports car in the world, a lightweight design enables it to offer brisk acceleration. In contrast to previous generations, the latest Miata is not just for small drivers. The roadster’s comfortable driver’s seat can be pushed back to provide extra legroom for tall people.
Although the new 2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata must use costlier premium gasoline, it does a great job of keeping fuel consumption to a minimum. The manual-equipped MX-5 Miata will return around 26 mpg in urban areas and up to 33 mpg on the open road. While the automatic MX-5 Miata is just as economical in the city, it tops out at a more frugal 35 mpg on the highway.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Mazda MX-5 Miata invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All Mazda MX-5 Miata MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.