2014 Honda Odyssey Pros vs Cons. Should You Buy?
The Top 10 Reasons Why You May want to Buy a 2014 Honda Odyssey:
Top Ten Reasons to Buy a 2014 Honda Odyssey - the Pros
1. Intelligent Multi Information Display
A beautiful 8-inch display acts as a visual control center inside your van. This display is designed to communicate with different systems inside the vehicle. It shows vehicle performance details such as fuel efficiency and recent trip data.
The display interface is also capable of showing the messages from your smart phone. It also displays information about the music streaming from Pandora. The intelligent display also shows details of files from a connected USB device.
2. Blind Spot Information System (BSI)
The Odyssey Touring Elite model comes with the BSI system. It alerts the driver about vehicles in the driver’s blind spot. This safety mechanism helps drivers of all ages. Honda has placed sensors at 2 locations near the rear end of the van. The sensors provide the data needed to alert the driver.
The HondaVAC system is placed at the rear end of the van. The vacuum cleaner is designed to reach all parts of the van’s interior. This is a huge assistance to parents with young children. The new feature offered by Honda helps cleaning the interiors of your van a fun and easy task. The vacuum system also comes with a removable trash bin.
4. Safety Measures
Parents with young children are the primary consumers of minivans. Honda has added several features to ensure the safety of all passengers inside the vehicle. All models come with a rear view camera as a standard feature. The blind spot information system is also a standard feature in higher end models. All models are equipped with antilock disc brakes, traction control and side-impact airbags.
5. Fuel Economy
The 2014 Honda Odyssey easily beats many of its nearest competitors when it comes to fuel economy. The 2014 Honda Odyssey offers 28 miles per gallon on freeways. Minivans are heavy, and are used to carry passengers and luggage. Any increase in fuel efficiency is a huge win for customers driving big families.
6. Entertainment System with HDMI Technology
Parents with young children would certainly appreciate the rear entertainment inside the 2014 Honda Odyssey. The screen comes with a 16.2-inch display. A split screen option allows watching 2 shows at the same time. The entertainment system also works with gaming consoles and various media players. The 2014 Honda Odyssey also features HondaLink, which offers access to news feeds, social media streams, audio books, Internet radio and restaurant searches.
The 2014 Honda Odyssey comes with a six speed automatic transmission on all models. The V-6 engine with 248 horsepower is available on all models. This minivan is capable to driving on any terrains with a full load of people and cargo.
8. Interior Design
The interior of 2014 Honda Odyssey is designed to offer maximum comfort and entertainments options. The van comes with a push button start feature. The second and third row seats can be configured to provide additional cargo space. A navigation system with voice control helps drivers to get driving directions easily.
9. Seating Configurations
The 2014 Honda Odyssey offers various seating configurations. The design offers maximum space and comfort for all passengers. The second row seats can be adjusted with the wide mode option, providing more space. The armrests are built using a soft-touch material.
The 2014 Honda Odyssey models are priced from $28,000.00 to $42,000.00. The wide range of prices allows customers to select a suitable model. Further, the re-sale value of Honda vehicles is generally higher compared to other manufacturers.
Reasons you may not want to buy a 2014 Honda Odyssey - the cons
There are few reasons to decide against the purchase of a 2014 Honda Odyssey minivan.
• 2014 Honda Accord
• 2014 Honda Civic
• 2014 Honda CR-V
• 2014 Honda Odyssey
• 2014 Honda Pilot
• The size of the van may be a sticky point to some. Not all consumers might want to own a van that is really big.
• The price points for 2014 Honda Odyssey are definitely above that of comparable models from other automakers. If you are looking for inexpensive minivans, you will have several options with other manufacturers.
• The spacing is great everywhere except for the front seats. Many customers think Honda could have added more space to the driver’s seating area.
What’s New for 2014?
Honda has added more features to its 2014 models. Some features are new and others are introduced as standard features.
• Six speed automatic transmission: This comes as a standard feature in LX, EX and EX-L models in 2014.
• Bluetooth Streaming Audio: You can connect your Bluetooth streaming devices and listen from Odyssey’s speakers. You can also make and receive hands free calls from your smart phones.
• Pandora Media: All 2014 Honda Odyssey models are now compatible with Pandora Internet radio.
• HD Radio: The 2014 Honda Odyssey added HD Radio as a standard feature to the Touring Elite model. It is also available as an optional feature on all other models.
• In-vehicle Vacuum Cleaner: If you are worried about the mess created by children, the 2014 Honda Odyssey offers a solution. It offers the “HondaVAC” interior vacuum cleaner.
• Lane Departure warning: The lane departure warning system assists drivers when the vehicle moves out of the driving lane without indicator lights. This is a great safety feature, which alerts the driver about unintentional lane changes.• Front passenger power seat: The driver is no longer the only passenger with power seats now. Honda has introduced power seats for the front row passenger on all its 2014 Odyssey models.
Overall, the 2014 Honda Odyssey definitely meets the expectations of minivan enthusiasts. There are not many minivans out there with the comfort, luxury, fuel efficiency and safety offered by a 2014 Honda Odyssey.
Honda Odyssey Price
• How to Buy New Cars Below Dealer Invoice Prices